Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by mohamedl 3 years, 3 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Ankit.

Author Posts
March 24, 2017 at 10:57 am #1238698

mohamedl

I am trying to:

URL of (my) website where problem appears: mallocco.com

I expected to see: a dropdown menu with only flags

Instead, I got: "screenshots"

Steps to duplicate the issue: added the language switcher to a widget, in the demo heme it works jut fine, "nielsen theme"

March 24, 2017 at 11:34 am #1238737

Ankit

Hi,

This is Ankit from wpml support team. I would assist you with the issue, hope this is fine 🙂

For better assistance, I would request you to kindly share the debug information of your website. For more information on same, please refer: https://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

1. Could you please elaborate the problem little bit more so as to allow me understand it better and assist you in correct direction?

2. Could you please let me know the language switcher which you added is in sidebar section or menu section?

Regards,
Ankit

March 24, 2017 at 11:40 am #1238744

mohamedl

hi

thanks for the uiqck reply, i added the switcher in a widget bar (you can check the site) to the top right panel, i tried with just flags (what i want) and a normal menu but doesn'twork

i added many languages but for now im trying with only french and english

thanks

March 27, 2017 at 9:40 pm #1240734

mohamedl

been 3 days and nothing

also, with the currency module, when i click add a currency theres only a white pop up and nothing in

i saw someone had the same issue in the forum but didn't work for him as well

March 28, 2017 at 5:21 am #1240848

Ankit

I would request you consider providing me with temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site in order to be of better help.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply (See attachment). The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

March 28, 2017 at 8:35 am #1241023

Ankit

Hi,

Thanks for details.

The original issue of this thread is regarding language switcher on top-right hand side of the page, could you please open a new thread in support forum for any other issues you are experiencing like currency switcher etc.

It is always recommended to stick to one topic per thread, in this way other users with the same issue finds solution to their problems more quickly and efficiently. Hope you understand.

I'm checking the site and I can see only flags in switcher. Could you please let me know where I can see the problem you mentioned in your first message?

Regards

March 28, 2017 at 8:49 am #1241046

mohamedl

yeah but as you can see, theres no drop menu, its not looking good at all
and even when i select the dropdown menu with flags and names its the same design, i want something simple like hidden link
instead of the letters, i just want the flag, and ill add the currency switcher on another thread

thanks a lot

March 28, 2017 at 10:06 am #1241167

Ankit

Hi,

Could you please check if the dropdown styling for switcher working fine now? Please refer attached screenshot as well.

Regards,
Ankit

March 28, 2017 at 11:55 am #1241297

mohamedl

great but how to do it ?
i wanna be able to recreate it without contacting support

thanksa again

March 28, 2017 at 12:33 pm #1241339

Ankit

Hi,

Glad to know that the issue is resolved for you. 🙂

Go to wpml > Language switcher options > Backwards compatibility and uncheck "Skip backwards compatibility" checkbox. Once it is auto-saved, issue is sorted.

I hope this clears the procedure.

Regards,
Ankit

April 27, 2017 at 3:18 am #1262840

mohamedl

w