This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 26 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by andreasM-19 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Ahmed Ibrahim.

Author Posts
April 5, 2019 at 12:59 pm

andreasM-19

I am trying to:
Duplicate a English product into French via WPML -> Translation Management -> Duplicate Content

I expected to see:
To have the product completed duplicated.

Instead, I got:
The tags, the categories, the attributes are not duplicated.

April 5, 2019 at 1:28 pm
April 9, 2019 at 5:50 am #3563163

andreasM-19

Hi there,

any progress with this?

April 9, 2019 at 1:20 pm #3567229

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+01:00)

Hi,

sorry for the delay in response, but I can't manage to install a copy of your site, it crashes on my local server, so I need to ask for a second opinion here.

Since you can't even do a compatibility test, could you see if you can update MySQL version at least to 5.6? I see you have 5.5.5 but the minimum requirement for WPML is 5.6.

April 9, 2019 at 1:58 pm #3567657

andreasM-19

Hi Laura,

please keep me updated about the progress. The MySQL Update is not possible.
It was running perfectly fine with the WPML for WooCommerce Version 4.24.
So something after that update must cause this error.

April 9, 2019 at 2:17 pm #3567855

andreasM-19

What surprises me is that in the status report of Woocommerce is says:
MySQL version: 5.5.5-10.0.38-MariaDB

It is in green color which implies that it is the correct version for WooCommerce.

April 9, 2019 at 2:22 pm #3567915

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Hi,

MariaDB versions are different from MySQL versions, and WPML doesn't recognize them well.
If you're using MariaDB, then your version is enough for WordPress too.

April 11, 2019 at 1:45 pm #3588399

andreasM-19

Hi Laura,

I have a question:
I'm in the backend and I click on a product in English (base language). Once I'm on the product page I switch the language to German, I see what I've attached as a screenshot.
From all the things which will be copied, product tags, categories, etc. are missing.
Will it maybe be enough to just change the settings about what will be copied?

Where can I find the specific setting for product tags and categories?

Thanks,
Andreas

April 12, 2019 at 10:02 am #3597405

Laura
Supporter

Hi,

but they are not copied even after you save the page?

All these settings can be found in WPML -> Settings -> Custom fields Translation, but some can't be changed, like price for example. Most of them should be set to copy already

April 12, 2019 at 10:04 am #3597413

Laura
Supporter

I forgot to add this:

please enable the WordPress debug log. This will allow us to see if any PHP errors are being produced. More Info: https://codex.wordpress.org/Debugging_in_WordPress Edit wp-config.php and insert the following lines:

define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );
define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );
define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );

Browse to the page with the issue and/or reproduce the issue.

Locate the debug log in: /wp-content/debug.log

Paste the latest lines here. No need to paste the entire log file, just 50 lines or so will do. Please censor any sensitive information.

Also open the browser console (check here if you don't know how to do it: hidden link) and try to duplicate a product while checking the Console and Network tab, to see if there is something there too.

April 16, 2019 at 7:20 am #3618839

andreasM-19

Hi Laura,

there are no php errors, neither in the log nor in the browser console.
The values mentioned there are copied. What is not coppied, even when selected, are the attributes, product tags and categories.

April 16, 2019 at 7:28 am #3618909

andreasM-19

After I've done what is descriped here: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/variations-missing-in-translated-products-2/

I am now able to duplicate the products via the WCML Editor which I wasn't able to before.
It just takes substantially longer to duplicate because I need to duplicate every language seperately. Is there a way to duplicate one porduct in all 4 foreign languages at the same time or do I need to duplicate every product language after language?

April 16, 2019 at 3:22 pm #3623479

Laura
Supporter

Hi,

the only way to bulk duplicate in WPML is using Translation Management. Did you try if after syncing the variation they are duplicated even there?

April 17, 2019 at 6:41 am #3627531

andreasM-19

Yes, I've tried that. Same error.

Also, even for products that already have a correct existing translation (translate while running WCML 4.24) there is a syncing problem. The products were not translated independently, means when I change for example the categroy of the base language product, it should also synch with the translations after changing.
This is not working either. So it is some kind of syncing error.

April 17, 2019 at 2:22 pm #3631921

Laura
Supporter

Hi,

I'm escalating the issue so I can be further debugged. Can you please resend me the backup, since the link expired?