This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.
Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.
|April 24, 2019 at 12:43 pm #3672889|
Tell us what you are trying to do?
Is there any documentation that you are following?
Is there a similar example that we can see?
What is the link to your site?
The page and the articles of my theme are composed of block elements (slideshows, videos, texts, ...). When I dulico the page these elements are not duplicated, the duplicated page is formed only by default basic elements.
|April 24, 2019 at 7:27 pm #3676357|
Languages: English (English )
Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)
Hi and thank you for contacting WPML Support!
I will be happy to help you with this.
1. Can you please let me know what visual builder are you using?
2. Can you please paste your WPML Debug information in the Debug information field?
The "Duplication" functionality is the most recommended when you want to simply duplicate visual/content builder elements and that method usually works with most of the popular content builders on the market (https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/page-builders/).
However, it might be the case that the content builder that you use is not fully compatible with WPML or there might be some compatibility issues caused by the theme or one/multiple plugins, that's why I also asked for the debug information so that I can see what you have installed on the site.
3. I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.
Our Debugging Procedures
I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to backup the site before providing us access. In the event that we do need to debug the site further, I will duplicate the site and work in a separate, local development environment to avoid affecting the live site.
Privacy and Security Policy
We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
- Please make a backup of the site files and database before providing us access.
- If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box.
The private box looks like this: hidden link
I will be waiting for your response.
|April 29, 2019 at 5:38 pm #3705885|
Languages: English (English )
Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)
Mihai is currently offline , please go to your Pages->Edit page and scroll down you will notice that all your custom fields are set to "Dont translate" , please set them either to "Copy" or "Translate"
afterwards you will most likely need to go to your block elements (which i assume are coming from your theme?) and duplicate them as well and let me know your results
NOTE :please try to empty your trash as leaving trash can cause issues in the future with page's permalinks
The topic ‘[Closed] Duplicate’ is closed to new replies.