This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Verbal 1 year, 9 months ago.

Assigned support staff: José Arcos.

Author Posts
January 16, 2018 at 3:44 pm #1486306

dennisP-10

Is it possible to duplicate a Gravity Form and keep the translations from the original form?

I have forms containing ALOT of fields. It would be a real pain if I have to manually translate each field every time i duplicate it.

January 18, 2018 at 3:39 pm #1488767

José Arcos

Hello, thank you for contact us. I will try to do my best to help you.

Could you take a look at the documentation page for Gravity Forms multilingual? https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/gravity-forms-multilingual/

There is a button that will allow you to "Copy all fields from [the original language]". You can use that to just translate the fields that you want and keep the others in the original language.

Please let me know if this solves the issue or if you need further details.

Have a good day.

January 19, 2018 at 9:04 am #1489523

dennisP-10

FormA is originally in Danish and translated into English

Now I duplicate FormA -creating FormB
But in doing so, I only dublicate the form and it seem I have to translate FormB from scratch.

I was hoping to be able to duplicate FormA AND the English translation as well.

January 19, 2018 at 11:28 am #1489771

José Arcos

Hello again, in order to do some debugging I would need access to your site, please, could you share your site credentials with me? Your next reply will be private, which means that only you and I will be able to see it and have access to it.

Thank you.

January 19, 2018 at 12:13 pm #1489823

dennisP-10

No debugging needed. And you do not need access to my site to answer the question. It's a pure question about functionality.

Is it possible in any way, to duplicate a translated form while keeping the translation?

January 19, 2018 at 1:39 pm #1489927

José Arcos

Hello again, I have asked for access to have a deeper understanding of the situation. But you are right, it's not needed to answer the question.

Currently, there isn't an easy way to do it and WPML does not support that. You would have to use the export/import WPML feature of strings from one domain import in a new domain, but this will require a PO file editor to change the name of the strings, if not this will just overwrite the current form.

If you need assistance to accomplish this work you can contact any of our WPML Experts from this list https://wpml.org/contractors/, at WPML Support team we are not allowed to offer custom work.

Thank you.

January 23, 2018 at 11:17 am #1493602

dennisP-10

I downloaded the xliff file from the original. Opened it in a text editor and changed the first lines in the code and changed the filename. Then uploaded it as a translation for the new form. Job done.

August 23, 2019 at 2:20 pm #4448095

Verbal

Thank you Dennis! Nice workaround.