Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.4 before reporting any issue

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shekhar Bhandari 1 year, 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Shekhar Bhandari.

Author Posts
September 25, 2018 at 8:45 am #2763026

rasmus hoeks

I am trying to duplicate a Woocommerce product in just the default language, without the translations.

I just want to make i clear, that i am talking about the woocommerce duplicate feature, not the wpml duplicate to translation feature.

I have a lot of similar products, and i just wan't to duplicate a product, and change a couple of the attributes.

When i duplicate a product, the translations are also duplicated and appears as a draft. I do not want this, as the duplicated translations doesn't work as they should. for instance, if i change the main product image on the default language product that i duplicated, it does not update the main product image on the translated product. I have to go into the manual product translation mode, enter the product and save it, befor i can see the image.

Can you help me either duplicate a product with the translations, where they works as supposed to, or duplicate a product without translations.

September 26, 2018 at 7:00 am #2766087

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I'd be happy to assist you further on this issue.

While you duplicate a product, the translation is also copied (Not duplicated from original), this is normal behavior.

But when you duplicate a product, the translation status of the previous product is copied as a reason the duplicated translation might not be always a duplicate.

Here is the possible scenario:

- Product A (Original language) has an independent translation Product A ES (Spanish Language)
- When duplicated Product A copy (Original language) will have an independent translation Product A ES Copy (French Language)

Note: The Product A ES copy will not be a duplicate of Product A copy but it will just be a translation, so if you make any changes to Product A Es copy, it will not be auto copied.

- Product A (Original language) has a duplicated translation Product A ES (Spanish Language)
- When duplicated Product A copy (Original language) will have a duplicated translation Product A ES Copy (French Language)

Note: The Product A ES copy will be a duplicate of Product A copy so if you make any changes to Product A Es copy, it will be auto copied.

Since I think you have a possible case of #1 but still want the Product A ES copy to be duplicate of Product A copy, you can follow the below steps:
- Go to WPML->Tranlsation Management -> Select Product A Copy
- Go to Select translation options and create a duplication, this will override the current translation.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks

September 26, 2018 at 7:32 am #2766138

rasmus hoeks

I'm not quite sure, that you understand what my goal is here.

I just wan't to be able to either:
a - Duplicate a product without the translations
b - Duplicate a products, and have wpml working as it should

I have made a video, to make it clear what my goal is: hidden link

September 28, 2018 at 11:50 am #2773633

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

I tested the same steps you performed and I can't replicate the issue, so, it seems like a theme/plugin conflict or a PHP error that is blocking some functionalities and creating such issues, so could you please perform the below steps and let me know if that helps?

Minimal Setup
If you disable all non-related WPML plugins, switch to one of default themes, the problem persists or not?
NOTE:
+ Make a backup (both files and database) for your site before updating/proceeding anything (Always a good practice!).

Debugging
1. Please follow the debugging information provided here: http://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/ .
2. Repeat the action of creating the problem.
3. Copy and paste the contents of debug.log (log file inside the /wp-content/ directory) here for me to see.

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

The topic ‘[Closed] Duplicate a products without translations’ is closed to new replies.