This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Yvette 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Yvette.

Author Posts
June 20, 2019 at 7:20 am #4057175

mennoB-4

hello,

Duplicate Content in 2 lang. in the blog page

hidden link

June 20, 2019 at 12:14 pm #4059859

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hello

I visited the link you provided. I am not sure what the issue is. I am not seeing duplicated content in either language.

I do notice that the layout is different between langauges. Is this the issue you are bringing to our attention?

Please upload a screenshot so that I can confirm what problem you need help in.

June 20, 2019 at 1:21 pm #4060161

mennoB-4

Hello, thanks for the answer,

When I started editing the "post" the problem was solved.
but the "layout" is different.

Another question, I have some news that should appear only in English and not in Dutch (main language).

thanks

June 21, 2019 at 9:27 am #4065727

Yvette
Supporter

Hello
1. Layout
Ususally the post layout is contained in a custom field that should have the translation options set to be "copy".

You should review the custom fields and also the hidden "system fields" at the bottom of the editor to see if you can identify which one is relating to the layout data. Then set this to be "copy", update your original post, and then also update the translated post.

Normally, the layout information will then be copied to the translation and you should see the same layout.

If you need assistance in this, write back with system access info and a link to a sample post that has this issue.

I am opening the private area for this.

2. You other question
What exactly are you asking....? How to make this happen? Or that it is happening and should not?

Kind regards

June 25, 2019 at 12:30 pm #4084551

mennoB-4

Also I have problems with the translation of the blog post categories.
The EN categories are not show in the EN blog.
The NL categories are translated to EN.
( hidden link )

June 25, 2019 at 2:02 pm #4085257

Yvette
Supporter

Hello

1. Layout
I had to toggle "off " the WPML editor and then manually set the Page Options > Sidebar settings to be the same as in the NL version (see image).

This set the same layout in both languages

2. Posts in different languages
You had set the tranlsation options for "post" type to be "Translatable - use translation if available or fallback to default language". This means that if a NL post did not have an EN translation, it would be shown in any case on the EN page.

I changed this to be "Translatable" and now only EN posts show on the EN blog.

3. Could you give more details on the other problem you mentioned. Please be concrete and use specific examples.

Thanks

The topic ‘[Closed] Duplicate Content in 2 lang. in the blog page’ is closed to new replies.