This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Itamar 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Itamar.

Author Posts
June 11, 2019 at 4:20 pm #3997159

virginiaM-5

I am trying to: I finishe my translation at new.artal.net, so we do the migration... all looks well till we start to add text, perform SEO technics... And when we do this we find 49% incomplete? We see two times the same text box: 1 translated without new links (from new. to www.) and the second box is pendent to translate.

But this only happens when we edit some page, now it's ok till we edit

We assume the situation and will fix all pages... but, it can restart and never finish the translation?

I see we had 40MB WordPress memory limited and i changed it at default-constants.php to 128

June 11, 2019 at 5:12 pm #3997595

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi.

I'm not familiar with the method of increasing the WP Memory Limit through default-constants.php. But please try to increase it like this and more than 128M.
You can try and do it from the wp-config.php file in your WordPress installation.
Insert this code in that file.

/** Memory Limit */
define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M');
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );

Add it before this line:
/* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

Could you please perform that procedure and see if it help?

Thanks,
Itamar.

June 11, 2019 at 5:32 pm #3997689

virginiaM-5

Hello Itamar, I insert code you tell me but the problem persists.

It's a problem with the migration, first works well but when we start to re-edit content WPML doesn't admits the migration... I don't know how to explain it better, at the image i upload you can check 2 identical boxes, which transalation boxes are 1 in English with links to hidden link and the other one without transalation.

At the second image: you can see the frontend of the website without conflict.

How we can fix it without a 7 days work?! Do you understand? I've to re-do my work again, and again...

June 12, 2019 at 3:45 pm #4005877

Itamar
Supporter

Hi.

For me, the word 'migration' in website development means when you move a site from one server to another and possible to another domain. I'm not sure what you mean when you write 'migration'. Do you mean that the problem is happening when you copy the text from the original language (left side) to the translation (right side) on the Translation Editor?

Please let me have access to your site and explain to me where to go and how to see this problem.

If you need further help with this, please share the access details to your site with me.
I'm enabling a private message for the next reply.

Privacy and Security Policy

We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

**IMPORTANT**

- - Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access. --

Thanks,
Itamar.

June 27, 2019 at 7:46 am #4097425

virginiaM-5

Hello again Itamar.

I solved the problem with an comprehensive work by all pages. I think the developer helped us does not configure WP Memory limit that your plugin needs.

The weird thing now is that in classic translation panel, appears 2 times the same box as I show you in screenshot.

All works well, but this is rare...

I prefer you recommend me or for our developers some things to do berfore give you all my keys... I think it is no necesary.

2nd: I have another problem but i'll open a new ticket

Thanks and bests

June 27, 2019 at 5:41 pm #4101905

Itamar
Supporter

Hi.

I'm glad that the problem is solved now.

I'm not sure what causes the elements to show twice.
Does it also happen with a new page that you create or only with existing pages?

The topic ‘[Closed] Duplicate content, lost translation after migration’ is closed to new replies.