Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 2.73 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Riffaz 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Riffaz.

Author Posts
March 28, 2021 at 7:23 am #8416157

Tim Masson

I am trying to: send donation receipts

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: just one donation receipt sent

Instead: We seem to be sending 2 donation receipts. Headers of received emails show that 2 distinct emails with the same content are sent, and it appears that the cause is the wpml plugin being active alongside givewp. I've also requested support from givewp via the wordpress.org forums. Would be grateful if you could help or guide us to find and resolve the issue.

March 29, 2021 at 2:49 am #8418257

Riffaz

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support.

Do you receive these emails in both languages ? or in default language only?
If you disable the WPML do you receive only one email per submission?
If you disable all the plugins except WPML and GiveWP, do you see the same issue?
Please check these and let us know.

GiveWP is listed here: https://wpml.org/plugin/
So it should work fine with WPML.

Regards,
Riffaz.

March 29, 2021 at 12:13 pm #8422235

Tim Masson

Thanks for the follow up questions:

• Do you receive these emails in both languages ? or in default language only? Only in the default language. The forms and emails are not translated
  • If you disable the WPML do you receive only one email per submission? In the test environment (staging site) with the payment gateway on testing, yes, just one email
  • If you disable all the plugins except WPML and GiveWP, do you see the same issue? On the staging site with just the 2 plugins active and in testing mode, just a single email is sent, but GiveWP switches to manual approval when in test mode, so the equivalence is not perfect. We cannot test at this level on the live site.

Are there any logs that we could check that you know of?

March 30, 2021 at 3:08 am #8426587

Riffaz

Hi,

On the staging site with just the 2 plugins active and in testing mode, just a single email is sent, but GiveWP switches to manual approval when in test mode, so the equivalence is not perfect. We cannot test at this level on the live site.
- so we can guess the issue is not entirely up to WPML
- because it sends the emails as you want when you have WPML + GiveWP
- so one or more plugins overriding or interfering with this
- because duplicate email is sent when you have other plugins with WPML + GiveWP
- re-enable the plugins one by one
- test GiveWP emails when you activate a plugin
- find out when you are getting duplicate email
- I mean right after which plugin is activated
- find the culprit and contact it's support.
- when you find the conflicting plugin you can deactivate that temporarily on your live site as well and test.

Are there any logs that we could check that you know of?
- this is related WordPress and plugins
- so if there is any log you should be able to find them in /wp-content/debug.log if you enable the WP debug mode.
-
1. Please follow the debugging information provided here: https://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/#enabling-the-built-in-debugging-feature-in-wordpress.
video guide: hidden link
2. Repeat the action of creating the problem.
3. Copy and paste the contents of debug.log (log file inside the /wp-content/ directory) here for me to see
4. if that is related to WPML we can process this further

Regards,

The topic ‘[Closed] Duplicate emails sent from givewp, suspect wpml’ is closed to new replies.