This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Itamar 5 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Itamar.

Author Posts
April 30, 2019 at 6:22 am #3708143

robertP-51

Many lines of text within woocommerce are not translated into Thai from English. However on checking the string translation, I see that the majority of these have 2 entries, one entry marked as translation complete and another entry marked as not translated. If I copy the translation from the completed one to the other one, then I can see the translation on the front-end.

This installation was migrated from polylang.

Is there an easy way to fix this? I don't want to go through and copy each string.

Thanks!

April 30, 2019 at 2:35 pm #3712315

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi.

If you delete the entry that is not marked as complete, does the translation show?
If so then all you need to do is use the filtering option in the String Translation section and select "Translation needed' and 'WooCommerce' for the domain and select all the strings and delete them. This is the query:

/wp-admin/admin.php?page=wpml-string-translation%2Fmenu%2Fstring-translation.php&status=0&context=woocommerce

Please let me know if this information is helpful to you.

Regards,
Itamar.

May 6, 2019 at 6:03 am #3744879

robertP-51

No that didn't change anything. I have had to re-scan the woocommerce plugin for strings and then copy the translations.

Also, the strings "Local Pickup" and "Flat Rate" are saying that they are already translated, however they still show in English. It seems as if there is a whole list of strings that aren't being used.

May 7, 2019 at 10:18 am #3756309

Itamar
Supporter

Hi.

Please let me have access to your site so I can take a look at this issue.
Please direct me to one of those strings that are not translated and also tell me where I can see it on the front-end.

If you need further help with this, please share the access details to your site with me.
I'm enabling a private message for the next reply.

Privacy and Security Policy

We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

**IMPORTANT**

- - Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access. --

Thanks,
Itamar.

May 8, 2019 at 3:51 pm #3768667

robertP-51

Hi, any update yet? I have submitted my details as requested yesterday.

May 9, 2019 at 4:02 pm #3777897

robertP-51

Hello??

May 9, 2019 at 6:09 pm #3778657

Itamar
Supporter

Hello and sorry for the late reply here.

The "Flat rate' and 'Local pickup' shipping zones can be translated in WPML -> String Translation. Can you find those strings there?

I've tried to access your site, but the user name and password didn't work for me. If you need further help from me, please share with me the access details again. I'm enabling a private message for the next reply.

Thanks,
Itamar.

May 9, 2019 at 6:12 pm #3778663

Itamar
Supporter

Hi again.

One other thing that I've just noticed by looking at the debug information is that the Translation Management add-on seems not to be active on your site. When working with WooCommerce and WooCommerce Multilingual the Translation Management add-on needs to be activated. Please read our documentation about WooCommerce Multilingual here.
https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/woocommerce-multilingual/

Thanks,
Itamar.

The topic ‘[Closed] Duplicate entries in string translation. One translated, one not’ is closed to new replies.