This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Itamar 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Itamar.

Author Posts
August 21, 2019 at 3:19 pm #4432803

mattH-23

I am trying to: Translate a page that uses ACF, some fields are populated, some are not.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: Back end only issue

I expected to see: A translation of the fields that are populated, but just once per field

Instead, I got: 2 of each ACF on both original and translated page. Standard WP fields like title are not duplicating.

Image attached, top 2 lines are populated ACF fields, the remaining fields are not populated, and the title of the page sits at the bottom, only a single entry, not duplicated.

Any help with removing this duplicate line (doesn't always appear consecutively, on some pages the duplicates are scattered in the list) it will make it a lot clearer for the client to use.

Thanks

August 21, 2019 at 3:41 pm #4433637

mattH-23

They are not repeater fields no, just a plain text field is what I have tested with. We've followed the setup as far as I'm aware.

August 22, 2019 at 11:50 am #4438915

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi.

Please check if the issue persists in a minimal environment. I suspect that there is a collision with the theme or another plugin that might cause this problem. If possible, get your site into a minimum environment. Minimum environment means switching to a default WordPress theme like TwentyNineteen and no plugins activated except WPML.
Is it possible for you to try it?
You will need first to check if the problem persists when just the theme is switched to TwentyNineteen (for example). If it persists then deactivate all plugins except the WPML and its add-ons and WooCommerce itself. Then please check if the problem persists. If it does not persist, so start by activating the plugins one by one and check when the problem comes back, then report to me which was the culprit plugin. When all the third-party plugins are deactivated, please check if the issue persists on a new post or page with ACF fields.

If it doesn't help, then please share with me the access to your site.
If you need further help with this, please share the access details to your site with me.
I'm enabling a private message for the next reply.

Privacy and Security Policy

We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

**IMPORTANT**

- - Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access. --

Thanks,
Itamar.

The topic ‘[Closed] Duplicate field in Advanced Translation Editor when using populated ACF’ is closed to new replies.