This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 55 replies, has 31 voices.

Last updated by John 5 years ago.

Assigned support staff: Minesh.

Author Posts
October 7, 2014 at 8:07 am #487194

annaT

I think it works now

October 7, 2014 at 8:20 am #487206

susanned

Hi Anne, what is it that you did, which steps did you take? And with which version is it resolved? Thanks for your reply

October 7, 2014 at 8:28 am #487211

annaT

Hi Susanne, I didn't do anything really. I mean, I deleted all the ghost copies by hand and Minesh applied a fix to my installation which I only partly understand. I think you'll have to open a ticket to provide your credentials so that WPML staff will have access to your installation as well.

October 9, 2014 at 4:45 pm #489412

Serge

so what do the rest of us do?

October 9, 2014 at 5:09 pm #489434

robertasK

Just download new WPML Media (2.1.6) plugin and update your old files. It will solve the problem.

October 9, 2014 at 5:39 pm #489447

patriciaD-5

Why does no WPML update work? Why is the latest Version of WPML Media from August 20th???
Come on WPML people, solve the problem!

October 13, 2014 at 5:17 pm #491454

Arno

I have the same problem,
Please, give an easy way to delete all the ghost images from the db!
(Maybe a button in support page)

October 22, 2014 at 3:47 pm #497265

Marco

it seems like the DB actually has ONLY ONE item per image, although they show infinite duplicates!!
Anyone fixed that? tried with the latest version but nothin...

Marco

October 27, 2014 at 11:26 am #499970

Denise

Hey all,

I just wanted to provide some clarification on this. The WPML Media bug that creates duplicate ghost (non-real) images in your media library has been fixed in the current version of WPML Media. Sorry for the inconvenience caused by that bug. Although this no longer happens in current versions of WPML Media, you can still have many duplicate images caused by the bug in a previous version.

If you have these ghost images in your media library from a previous version of WPML Media, you could either:

- manually delete them & update WPML Media so this does not happen again
- open a new ticket in this forum and a supporter will delete them for you with a script. This may be helpful if the ghost images are too numerous to efficiently delete them yourself.

When you open a ticket, please let us know:
1. How many languages you had active when the duplicate images occured
2. If you are having other issues with images ie broken images on the front-end

In all cases, you should update your version of WPML Media to ensure that this does not happen again.

Thanks,
Denise

January 7, 2015 at 8:28 pm #538781

Víctor

Hello, i have the same problem, but i'm can not delete the duplicates media files of my database, my site is hidden link i have 17.000 files duplicates, help me please!!!

I was updated the pluggins, and delete all pluggins of WPML, but i need help for to delete theses files for my gallery.

I need contact and give one user of administration for private message.

Please anybody can help me?

Thanks a lot.

June 16, 2015 at 10:49 am #639413

John

This bug appears to be ongoing. On our multisite install, we have sites with two languages set up (at most).
In the media translation options, if the 'duplicate existing media' or 'duplicate featured images' options are checked, when the process is started, multiple (I don't know how many, but over a thousand) duplicates of existing files are created in the media gallery.
Even after deleting them all, if those options are selected and the process restarted, the images start breeding like rabbits.

*As this thread is marked resolved, I'll create a new support call and link to this to make sure it's noticed