This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shekhar Bhandari 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Shekhar Bhandari.

Author Posts
April 16, 2019 at 4:13 pm #3623951

alexanderB-64

Hi, I tried to import translations as shown in this article https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/wpml-all-import-plugin-website-import-with-wpml/

Following the tutorial I get a translated post but not all fields of the original are copied over. The taxonomy is not set and some ACF fields are missing or relationship fields are not linking to their translations.

In my import file I'm specifying the fields that should differ from the original. So essentially I want to have a duplicate of the original (using the respective taxonomies and copying all fields) and overwrite certain values with the translations from my file.

April 17, 2019 at 3:39 am #3627031

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I'd be happy to assist you further on this issue.

To understand the issue better would you mind providing me a single entry import file, the settings, taxonomy and relationship settings screenshots that you wanted to import?

Further, for helping further on this issue it's very important to know your site related information such as themes used, plugins used, PHP versions etc. You can easily send this using Debug information settings from WPML.

So could you please go to WPML > Support > Debug Information and give me the information in the next reply. You can read the detailed instruction here: http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

April 24, 2019 at 10:31 pm #3677395

alexanderB-64

Hi Shekhar, could you please enable a private reply or something where I can provide the screenshots of my setup?

In the meanwhile I figured I can accomplish my goal by manually duplicating the affected products to the target language and use WP All Import to import into existing products overriding the values I need and afterwards setting the translation to independent. Still this process is very tedious as I need to do the duplications for the products and the bulk duplication via the translation management is not providing the filters and information I need to see to safely duplicate only the desired products... Can you tell me if there is a way to bulk duplicate and bulk set to independent from the "all products" view?

April 25, 2019 at 3:43 am #3678705

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

Can you tell me if there is a way to bulk duplicate and bulk set to independent from the "all products" view?

The only way to bulk duplicate is by using WPML->Translation management and the bulk independent feature is not available currently.

If you just want to show the product as a duplicate you can use "Display as translated" feature, more information here: https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/displaying-untranslated-content-on-pages-in-secondary-languages/

I have enabled the private reply.

Thanks

The topic ‘[Closed] Duplicate original and overwrite certain fields’ is closed to new replies.