This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Laura 2 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Laura.

Author Posts
August 2, 2019 at 1:23 pm

cornelisS

I am trying to: create a duplicate of the english page in NL and DE. But I want to fill the NL and DE pages with the english content (and thus keep them in sync with the EN page).

But if I duplicate the page, the text shows up in the gutenberg editor; and the page is shown as a plain text page.
Original:
hidden link
Duplicated:
hidden link

It looks like this issue: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/elementor-content-reduced-to-plaintext-when-dupl/ But it's not solved to my satisfaction, because we can't manage all these page manually.

August 4, 2019 at 12:54 am #4335089

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

thanks for contacting us.

Currently, there is an issue with duplicated page in Elementor. We are aware of the issue and we will solve it in a future WPML release.
You can check it here: https://wpml.org/errata/elemntor-page-layout-is-not-duplicated-to-the-secondary-language-page/

Unfortunately, at the moment there is no other workaround available.

August 5, 2019 at 11:43 am #4340149

cornelisS

Ok, that sucks...
When will the fix be released?

All our new sites from now on will be build with Elementor. This would mean that we can't use WPML anymore...

August 6, 2019 at 8:38 am #4345341

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Hi,

at the moment we don't have an estimated time of arrival for this fix. You can follow the errata page for more information, and I'll update here when we have news.

As long as you don't use the duplicate function, Elementor works perfectly fine. If you need to use manual translation, you can first translate your page with the Translation Editor, then disable it and continue with manual translation. That way the layout will be saved correctly.

August 12, 2019 at 7:46 am #4378933

cornelisS

Hi Laura, thnx.
But if I understand it well; there's at the moment no way (or workaround) to keep pages in 2 differtent languages in sync (both in english for example)?

August 12, 2019 at 1:27 pm #4381295

Laura
Supporter

Hi,

if the pages are in different languages, you can use the workaround provided before.
If they are in the same language, you can use the same workaround, but you will need to update them manually.