This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by leeP-3 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
August 20, 2019 at 11:06 am #4423073

leeP-3

I am trying to: Duplicate a page using "Translate this document" duplicate checkbox option

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link - or any page in the backend where you try to duplicate.

Plugin versions:

WPML Multilingual CMS: Version 4.2.7.1
WPML String Translation: Version 2.10.5.1

I expected to see: Once duplicate page is clicked under the certain language, for example a page called /how-to-uninstall-enigma-recovery/ is duplicated from our main language into UK english, which would place it under it's own set locale of /gb/. This creates a duplicate of the page on "hidden link". We are then free to update each pages content individually etc.

Instead, I got: The duplicate functionality is not working since updating plugins on the dev site. When I select duplicate checkbox and then hit the duplicate button, nothing at all happens.
This only happened since updating the plugins on 16/08/2019. No other plugins/themes were updated at this time. It was duplicating pages fine previously (as you can see all the duplicated pages inside the site)

August 20, 2019 at 12:51 pm #4423781

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi and thank you for contacting WPML Support!

I will be happy to help you with this.

This sounds to me like a compatibility issue that might be happening between one of the latest versions of our plugins and one of the current plugins/theme that you have installed and running.

Can you please try this and see if anything changes:

- disable all plugins except WPML and its add-ons
- check if the issue is happening again
- if it's not, reactivate your plugins one by one, checking every time if the issue shows up again so that you can understand which plugin is causing that issue

If the issue happens even with the non-WPML plugins disabled:

- leave all the non-WPML plugins deactivated
- switch to a default theme like TwentySeventeen
- try to recreate the issue now

I will be waiting for your response.

Kind regards,
Mihai Apetrei

August 22, 2019 at 8:56 am #4437655

leeP-3

Thanks Mihai, and apologies for my late response. We are still needing the development site to be active in the coming days so I cannot turn plugins off currently. As soon as I can, I will test this an update the issue. Thanks.

August 22, 2019 at 2:55 pm #4440633

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

That's great.

I will be waiting for your response then.

Kind regards,
Mihai

August 30, 2019 at 8:41 am #4485329

leeP-3

My issue is resolved now. I updated some other plugins and the issue was fixed. Thank you!