This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Jamal 3 months, 4 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Jamal.

Author Posts
June 26, 2019 at 2:05 pm

Avraam Panagiotidis

I have a problem with elementor page design when try to make a translation with WPML. The translated page has all the content but element or blocks are not exist! Everything is in one elementor text block!

1. All plugins and Astra theme are latest versions (26/05/2019)
2. Try to disable all the plugins and try but I have the same problem
3. Try to change theme with the default twenty seven but I have the same problem
4. Try to clone or duplicate with other plugins but i have the same problem
5. Change PHP from 7.3.6 to 7.2, 7.1 but the same problem
6. Maximize RAM to 1024Mb / Max Execution 600sec / Max Input Time 600sec
7. Maximize configuration Directives : max_input_vars = 100000

June 26, 2019 at 4:43 pm #4094141

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. I will be glad to help with this.

As you have tried all these tests, it smells like a compatibility issue. From your debug information, you are also using Elementor Pro. It may also be caused by your specific setup(server, cache, data, etc.)

To confirm/exclude that this is a compatibility bug with Elementor or Elementor Pro, please use the following URL to log in to a clean install I just created. Configure WPML similarly to your website and try to reproduce the issue in a post with only "Elementor", if it is not reproduced, please upload Elementor Pro and try to reproduce the error.
hidden link

If the error is reproduced, I'll approach our compatibility team for help on the issue. If it is not reproduced. Please tell me what post/page to check to see this issue and double check the login credentials provided.

Best regards,
Jamal
WPML Support

June 27, 2019 at 7:14 am #4097219

Avraam Panagiotidis

Hello Jamal,
I installed the elementor free to wpsandbox demo. Installed all the WPML and try to reproduce the issue.
1. Make a new page with three elementor blocks
2. Then duplicate page with (+) button from backend
3. The new translated page is blank!!!

The error is reproduced again....
May you send is for debugging?

June 27, 2019 at 8:15 am #4097703

Avraam Panagiotidis

Hi again Jamal,
I found this article https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-custom-fields

After change the values from WPML>Settings>Custom Fields Translation (Show system fields) to "Copy" option the content duplicates the design of elementor page too!!!!

But not to every section. Some sections like a CTA (call to action) button it still stay untranslated. I believe there are more fields that need to translate.

Some blocks like footer (Appearance > Custom Layouts>footer) don't translated....they are copied but don't translated....(no design, no content)

May you help me to find all the field that need to copy and tell me which is the safest option (copy, copy once or translate???).

Thanks,
Makis

June 27, 2019 at 9:22 am #4098431

Jamal
Supporter

Hi,

Thank you for your efforts. I checked the Sandbox and I found that the Greek page is actually a translation rather than a duplicate. Then I tried to update the translation in the Classic Translation Editor. After completing the translation, the page rendered correctly, see this
hidden link

Would you please try again with another page and let me try the same steps?

Maybe the issue you have encountered in your server is with Elementor Pro. Would you try again?

Best regards,
Jamal

June 27, 2019 at 9:30 am #4098545

Avraam Panagiotidis

The issue resolved partially. After the changing of the values from WPML>Settings>Custom Fields Translation (Show system fields) to "Copy" option the content duplicates the design of elementor pro page too!!!!

But some some blocks like footer (Appearance > Custom Layouts>footer) don't translated....they are copied but don't translated....(no design, no content)

June 27, 2019 at 10:57 am #4099357

Jamal
Supporter

Hi,

I think that the footer needs to be translated too. I wanted to check it in the Sandbox, but the issue is not reproduced there yet.
Checking your website, it seems that the Astra theme footer needs to be translated too. See the attached image.

I searched previous forum threads for similar issues and I found this reply, I hope it will help!
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/how-to-translate-astra-footer-content/

We have also a short article about working with the Astra theme.
https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/creating-multilingual-websites-wpml-astra/

I'll remain at your disposal.

Best regards,
Jamal

The topic ‘[Closed] Duplicate Page or Post Translator but truncates elementor blocks’ is closed to new replies.