This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Andreas W. 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Andreas W..

Author Posts
June 4, 2019 at 6:15 pm

thomasC-24

When working through the duplicate meta titles task today, I found that some of the pages with /en/ are actually in Spanish and do not have a visible language selector.

Examples:

EN URL with Spanish Content: hidden link

ES URL with English Content: hidden link

Also note, on these pages that the language selector is not present it leads me to believe that there is some conflict that I cannot locate.

June 4, 2019 at 11:50 pm #3955783

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting the WPML Support Forum.

As far I can see you did not yet set the post type pages to be translatable. Please go to WPML -> Settings -> Post type translation and set "Pages" to one of the translatable options.

Let me know if you got any questions here and please make sure to read our getting starting guide.
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/

Kind regards
Andreas

June 5, 2019 at 1:50 pm #3961099

thomasC-24

Hi Andreas,

I have made this adjustment on the live site. Should this solve my issue with SEO?

Thank you

June 5, 2019 at 3:31 pm #3962419

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Indeed, this should also solve the SEO issues. Please translate the available pages and let me know if you discover any unexpected issues.

Kind regards
Andreas