This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 10 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Itamar 7 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Itamar.

Author Posts
February 26, 2019 at 1:42 pm #3245178

Saso

I am trying to:
I try to show duplicated posts on all languages

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link

I expected to see:
I have published a post in Slovenian language. I have created a duplicate for English and Croatian. Now Croatian is showing the post as it should: hidden link

Instead, I got:
The post is not listed in English translation

February 27, 2019 at 8:06 am #3248773

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hello

Can you please ensure that the post has been duplicated AND has the status of "published"? It could be that your duplicated post is still in status of "draft".

Thanks for the confirmation

February 27, 2019 at 8:26 am #3248842

Saso

Yes, it's published in all three languages. The procedure was the same for both languages. The post was created in Slovenian language. Then, I went to Posts -> All posts -> I selected the post in question and duplicated them from the right menu.
Interestingly enough, if you open the post itself, it is available in all languages: hidden link
But when you are looking at category, it's only seen in Slovenian and Croatian language, as mentioned in my first message.

February 27, 2019 at 9:43 am #3249295

Yvette
Supporter

OK - so it might be that the term count is not correctly updated.

1. Is the term count correct if you go to the category term listing in each language?
- goto Post > Category
- For the category in English, is the post visible in the term "count"...(click on the count number and see if it is included in the post listing that is given)

2. If it is not, then try these steps:
- WPML > Support > Troubleshooting
- Select tool "Fix Terms Count" . (see image)

3. If this is still not working, then please write back with system access details (wp-admin and FTP). I am opening the private area for this.
Please also install and activate the ARI Adminer plugin.

Thanks

March 4, 2019 at 8:38 am #3267492

Saso

Hello, we still need assistance on this matter.
Thank you

March 4, 2019 at 5:58 pm #3270214

Yvette
Supporter

I understand that but please confirm the following observation:

1. Deactivate WPML
2. Visit these pages
hidden link
hidden link

3. Can you confirm that you still are UNABLE to see posts even with WPML deactivated?

Thanks

March 11, 2019 at 11:56 am #3310517

Saso

Yes, that's correct - the posts are still not visible on the mentioned pages

March 11, 2019 at 4:08 pm #3314635

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi,

Yvette is not available today, so I'll continue to handle this ticket. I hope that it is alright with you.

I can see that WPMl and its add-ons are not updated to there latest version on your site.
Can you please update WPML and its add-ons and check if the issue persists?

Thanks,
Itamar.

March 11, 2019 at 4:20 pm #3314707

Saso

Yes, the problem persists.
Post titled "VOZILO SLO" is published in all 3 languages, but is only displayed to a visitor in Slovenian and Croatian language, but not English.

March 12, 2019 at 1:25 pm #3322521

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi and thanks for updating WPML.

I want to draw your attention once more to what Yvettes my colleague has already mentioned in this reply.
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/duplicate-post-not-showing-up/#post-3254394

To be sure I've checked things again, and it seems that indeed the issue comes from your them the Classiera them by JoinWebs. When I switch the theme on your site to the default WordPress theme TwentyNineteen the issue does not persist. The 'vozilo SLO' post shows on the category page. And also our test post shows. Please see the attached screenshot.
Can you see that it is OK with another theme?

As we have mentioned the issue also occurs with your theme active and WPML is deactivate.

At this point, I want to suggest you consult the support of your theme about this issue.

Regards,
Itamar.

The topic ‘[Closed] Duplicate post not showing up’ is closed to new replies.