Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: Duplicate icon is missing in page editor

Solution: On Page Editor -> Multilingual content setup if you have chosen "Make 'Pages' appear as translated" the duplicate button will be hidden.

This is a normal behavior as pages without translations are automatically marked as duplicate using this feature if you want the duplicate feature anyway, you can choose "Make pages translatable" and duplicate it.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Kaloyan 2 years, 6 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Shekhar Bhandari.

Author Posts
April 4, 2018 at 6:44 am

Kaloyan

I am trying to:
Duplicate a post but the button is missing from the admin
Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link
I expected to see:
Duplicate button
Instead, I got:
The button is hidden with css, and the options to select which language are not available see screenshot

In general it is missing only from 2 days, and on the staging environment it is all fine, we have another test site which is a clone of the live site and all is working great there too, how we can debug this? Our website is live and we have many visitors so it has to stay live.

April 5, 2018 at 4:31 am #1565485

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I'd be happy to assist you further on this issue.

It seems on Page Editor -> Multilingual content setup you have chosen "Make 'Pages' appear as translated" as a reason the duplicate button is being hidden.

If this is the case, this is a normal behavior as pages without translations are automatically marked as duplicate using this feature if you want the duplicate feature anyway, you can choose "Make pages translatable" and duplicate it.

Kind Regards,
Shekhar

April 5, 2018 at 8:07 am #1565614

Kaloyan

Great thank you