This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: Duplicate translations showing in automated sidebar menu

Solution: Go to WPML-> Support ->Troubleshooting and click the below buttons:

+ Clear Cache in WPML + Set Language information + Fix element types collation + Remove ghost entries from the translation tables + Assign translation status to duplicated content + Set language information

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by blaiseN 5 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Shekhar Bhandari.

Author Posts
May 11, 2019 at 9:16 pm #3791441

blaiseN

This one translation wasn’t showing as completed, even though it appeared to be 100% translated, so I kept trying different things and clicking the “Finish” button, and now Enfold's automated sidebar menu seems to be pulling in all those duplicates from the database. I’ve tried permanently deleting the Spanish version of the page and its translation, and I installed/ran a database cleanup/optimizer plugin to no avail.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link (see duplicates in sidebar menu)

I expected to see:
hidden link

May 13, 2019 at 4:08 am #3794963

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

Welcome to WPML support. I'd be assisting you further on this issue.

Are those links supposed to be posts/pages links? You mentioned you have permanently deleted the pages, I would like to confirm if you deleted those pages from trash too?

Further, sometimes this pages/posts could be there in DB as some ghost entries so, could you please go to WPML-> Support ->Troubleshooting and click the below buttons:

+ Clear Cache in WPML
+ Set Language information
+ Fix element types collation
+ Remove ghost entries from the translation tables
+ Assign translation status to duplicated content
+ Set language information

Let me know how it goes.

Thanks

May 13, 2019 at 5:06 pm #3800913

blaiseN

Hi, yes, those links in the sidebar are the theme's automated sidebar menu for subpages in that section -- so yes, they are links to pages. And yes, I had deleted the old page from the trash, too. And thank you -- by the time I got to the the third button on that troubleshooting page -- Fix elemen_type collation -- the duplicates had cleared up. Easy fix -- very much appreciated -- sorry I didn't find that troubleshooting page myself!