This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by timucinB 1 month, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno Kos.

Author Posts
February 17, 2020 at 10:13 am #5506277

timucinB

We add a new entry in EN and copy it to DE; after that the images are distorted like they have another zoom-factor and are rebuilt, cropped and sized differently. We dont want this behaviour at all, despite we might want to have different ALT or META Text..but we dont want to have different Image Sizes and Formats etc.

February 18, 2020 at 10:36 am #5513975

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support!

Can you tell me if you can reproduce this issue here, or tell me how to reproduce it? Maybe use one of your own images? Also, is this issue visible only in the media-translation page, or it is happening when viewing the translations of the pages where these images are used?

hidden link

This is a sandbox site which has everything already in place - I do see that you are using Flatsome theme, so feel free to install it if needed to show this as well.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

February 18, 2020 at 10:38 am #5514051

timucinB

Hi Bruno,
ok let me first try to reproduce it ok, we have a duplicate button in our hosting environment so i can give you exact same copy with login as soon as i made up the reproduction ok? thanx for your help bruno. i think i can do it within the next hours.
Best wishes
Timo

February 18, 2020 at 10:45 am #5514179

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

Ok, no problem - if you could find a way to reproduce this on my sandbox, that would be ideal, because we need to make sure that we excluded all the possible causes of this, such as specific server settings, various plugins existing on your site, theme perhaps, etc, that's why we need to show this happening on our sandbox, unless you know which plugin/theme combination causes this.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

February 21, 2020 at 12:11 pm #5540271

timucinB

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!