This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Author Posts
May 21, 2019 at 1:12 am #3850747

Pedro Machado Santa

Hello,

On the past week we spotted a few times pages ended up being duplicated, and pages that we couldn't mark as translated on Advanced Editor (we would click Redeliver but the page still appears with the cogs status and assumes translation is in progress).

We've noticed also that by loading the production dump to our local machines for tests, and using the ATE, by translating the page on local/dev, when we went to translate it on production it will appear with the strings we used on local and marked at 100% sometimes – which then kicks in the issue that the page remains with translation in progress, even if we click redeliver.

Can this be because we're somehow sharing our key/register between environments?
What are the best practices when dealing with a site/project with several environments? Keep separate registrations?

Cheers.

May 21, 2019 at 6:48 am #3852365

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi there,

We recommend separate registration for each site even for a staging or development site.

However, your issue seems like it needs some debugging, If you are still having the same issue please share temporary access to your site I will take a better look into the issue. I have enabled private fields for you to securely share the details.

Kind regards
Raja

May 21, 2019 at 10:33 am #3854341

Pedro Machado Santa

Hi Raja, thanks for the help.

Ok, got it.

If that's so, we'll take special care to use a new key for each environment of each site (development, staging and production, etc).

Now, on this specific site, we have since loaded production database dumps on our local environments to do some tests (with the Advanced Editor enabled) only to find that when we go to production, the translations we did on our local instance to test, are already there.

I reckon that this is because both have the same "WPML_SITE_ID:ate" on "wp_options", I imagine?

What are the difference between the two id on "wp_options": "WPML_SITE_ID:global" and "WPML_SITE_ID:ate"?

And what's the best way to reset the translation status on ATE? We wanted a clean slate for the production site/instance.

I really think the best way forward on this would be to have the translation status being reset, if possible.

Looking forward for your reply.

May 21, 2019 at 1:57 pm #3855881

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi,

ATE uses translation memory to save the translation credits Since you have already translated on your local the database dump will have the translation as well also the translation memory will automatically translate already translated strings.

If you want to start fresh removing all the existing translation then you can reset WPML, Please refer to the steps in the link => https://wpml.org/faq/language-configuration-problems/#2-reset-wpml-and-reactivate-it

Please remember reset will delete all translation and settings of WPML.

The options are for ATE internal purpose there is not much detail about it.

ATE status is handled automatically we are working towards adding a troubleshooting option which is still under discussion.

However, to remove ATE jobs remove the option WPML_TM_ATE_JOBS from the wp_options table, Please take a full backup of the site previously.

Let me know if you need further assistance.

Kind regards
Raja

May 27, 2019 at 12:55 am #3892611

Pedro Machado Santa

(See next reply.)

May 27, 2019 at 12:56 am #3892613

Pedro Machado Santa

Hi Raja,

Thank you for sending the suggestion to reset WPML data, which we had the opportunity to do.

Unfortunately even before we could finish our WPML configuration (having all meta field properly assigned for Copy or Translate) and before translating anything whatsoever, the issue of duplicated pages appeared again.

Since we've managed to at least gather some more specific information before this happened, I thought it was best to open a support ticket specific to that question, and take it from there/address any further issues one at the time: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/unwanted-post-and-pages-duplicates-clones-appear/

Since this one was more about the possible conflicts/best practices between the production/staging/dev environments, I consider this one closed—while keeping to address the duplication issue on the above mentioned ticket.

Cheers!