This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Resolved by update WPML plugins

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by marcH-8 4 years, 11 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Robert.

Author Posts
October 29, 2014 at 10:29 pm #502243

marcH-8

I am trying to: translate a tag

I have created several tags (they are called unique features in my theme, Estetico Premium WP theme). I have then translated all tags. One tag, called "barbecue" is the same in Italian and German and now I have about 20 same tags with the name of "barbecue", the slugs are for example "barbecue-it-1", "barbecue-it-2" etc.
HOW can I delete those tags, assign the correct ONLY one to the posts and translate it correctly?
thanks.

October 30, 2014 at 2:19 pm #502843

Robert

Hey Marc,

First, please visit WPML > Translation Management > Multilingual Content Setup > Posts and pages synchronization and make sure "Copy taxonomy to translations" and "Sync taxonomy (e.g. category) parents"

You are referring to post tags? If you visit Posts > Tags, you can manage, edit and delete tags in all languages.

You can also visit WPML > Taxonomy Translation > Select Tags and translate them there. Then you can then click on "Synchronize Tags assignment in content". This action lets you automatically apply the Tag taxonomy to your content in different languages. It will scan the original content and apply the same taxonomy to translated content.

Thanks,
Robert

October 30, 2014 at 3:58 pm #502977

marcH-8

Robert,

thanks, I have done all. However, it is scanning for 20 minutes now... and doesn't stop. As you can see in the screenshot, there is the tag "barbeque" many many times in Italian. More than 240 times!! And I have only 20 tags in german. So, it seems to duplicate over and over... (even though the screenshot is in German language, you can figure out that this is strange.

I have stopped scanning after 20 minutes and still the "barbecue" tag is there 240 times... and I have only 20 posts! 😉

I think I am going to delete all barbecue tags and see what happens...

thanks, marc

p.s: I saw now it does the same behavior with other tags (such as the air-conditioning translation)

October 31, 2014 at 10:16 am #503383

Robert

Hey,

May I access the site to review your settings and or make changes to test the issue? If not, could you instead create a duplicate site for further testing? Please provide your WP admin and FTP credentials in the private response field below, I'll take a closer look and debug the issue further. NOTE: Please make a fullback up of the site.

Thanks,
Robert

November 12, 2014 at 4:41 pm #510371

marcH-8

Hi Robert,

I STILL have the problem! I guess you logged in the last time, because I saw some activity. However, still the problem with the Italian word "barbecue", which duplicates. Well, not actually, the German or English (barbeque) duplicates in the Italian taxonomies. Don't ask me why. I can create you a new login to have a look. Remember, I have done all things you wrote above, with no success. Please see also a screenshot.

Thanks,

marc

November 14, 2014 at 8:28 am #511361

Robert

Hey Marc,

I don't believe I received any credentials for the site. Since my last reply I only see your last post made on Nov. 12. However, I can confirm that our developers have been made aware of the issue and confirmed it as a bug in the latest versions. They have a fix and it will be released in the next version of WPML. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Thanks,
Robert

November 14, 2014 at 9:42 am #511434

marcH-8

Hi Robert,

ok, great. Thanks. I mark this as resolved now. If the update doesn't resolve the problem I might re-open it again.. 😉

thanks, marc