This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
September 21, 2018 at 2:48 am #2753888

anneG-5

I am using Photography Theme by ThemeGoods - version 4,9. I had some issues with my wordpress, and I had to deactivate - reactivate every plugin. I am using galleries in this theme, and at one point I had only one version of the image that was used in both langages (French and English) . But I do not know why, now, it duplicates each image file. And I don t want that, as it is exactly the same image, only texts attached to the image can change but not the image itself.
Do you have an idea what I am doing wrong ? I know that before the plugin was doing duplicates, as it was designed this way, but my understanding is that with a new update, you fixed that and now we can work with the same image used in both English and French.

September 22, 2018 at 6:21 am #2757114

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Thank you for contacting us. I would be very happy to help you but I didn't fully understand what is the issue.

This depends on how your WPML is configured. On the WPML > Settings > Media Translation, are the images supposed to have your duplicated registry? Are the options below checked?

[X] Duplicate media attachments for translations
[X] Duplicate featured images for translations

If the above options are checked, it means that for each image that is uploaded, this is the selected behavior. Also note that the images are not duplicated, just the record in the database.

Thank you.

The topic ‘[Closed] Duplicates for every media file’ is closed to new replies.