Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by josefK-2 4 years, 7 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Dat Hoang.

Author Posts
May 17, 2016 at 6:32 pm #884433

robN-2

I am trying to:

Duplicate a post into a different language, but every time I do so the original post gets __trashed appended to the URL Slug.

Steps to duplicate the issue:

Running WordPress 4.5.2, on an existing post, in the right sidebar if I select the 'Duplicate' checkbox next to one of the languages, and then click the 'Duplicate' button underneath, it then saves/duplicates the post into the new language and redirects back to the current languaage with the original post having __trashed appended to the URL.

I've uploaded a screencast of the issue here - hidden link

Has anyone experienced the same issue?

May 18, 2016 at 9:07 am #884882

Dat Hoang

I watched your video. And I tested in my site but there is no issue.
It seems a conflict with another plugin/theme.

#1,
If you disable all non-related WPML plugins, switch to one of default themes, the problem persists or not?

NOTE:
+ Make a backup (both files and database) for your site before updating/proceeding anything (Always a good practice!).

#2,
Debugging
1. Please follow the debugging information provided here: http://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/ .
2. Repeat the action of creating the problem.
3. Copy and paste the contents of debug.log (log file inside the /wp-content/ directory) here for me to see.

June 1, 2016 at 3:24 pm #894791

josefK-2

Hello,
I have similar problem too. When I click some link - it adds _trashed in the end. You can see it here:
hidden link
hidden link

Please, can you help me?
Thank you in advance.

June 1, 2016 at 8:23 pm #895029

josefK-2

Because of the error that caused your plugin I needed to disable the second language of our web pages. Our customers complained so we did it this way. But its not appropriate. Please, can you fix this problem as soon as possible? Thank you in advance.
PS: Links above (I gave in previous post) are not fully function now - because of the change I've made.

The topic ‘[Closed] Duplicating a post into another language adds __trashed to the original’ is closed to new replies.