This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: Duplicating post no longer copies Meta data into translations

Solution: - Go to the post editor - Now go to the bottom of the page and click on "Multilingual content setup" - Now click on show system fields - Now mark the fields as the copy - Click apply. - Update the post and create a copy, the fields should be copied.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by sabrinaB-7 11 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Shekhar Bhandari.

Author Posts
October 19, 2018 at 2:49 pm

sabrinaB-7

I am trying to: HI, My website host properties and displays taxonomies which I have translated as well as contains meta data like nr of bedrooms and price and picture gallery which is usually copied over to the translations when I duplicated the post . My first ticket, which I can no longer reopen, was the issue that the Author was not copied over into translations. All the rest of the property information (meta data) like price, amount of bedrooms, gallery, location all was correctly duplicated into the translations without a problem. Therefore one of your team members connected to my site and we established that I had to individually assign the author to each property on my website and that there was no way around it sadly. OK no problem. (I was told that wpml seemed to be set up correctly. )

NOW, I have noticed, and I have not made any changes to my site, that the meta data is no longer transfered into the translations and I can not see or understand why. Only the taxonomies are copìed over. Please help me to find out why this is happening as this causes a huge major problem to me.
Thank you so much

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

I expected to see:

Instead, I got:

October 19, 2018 at 2:56 pm #2832479

sabrinaB-7

You can. try duplicating this property Reference Nr : CBPS01351 Country house in la Xara
Type the reference nr into the main homepage property search box in order to find the property (English language).
This is a property which is ready for translation and basically all meta data as well as taxonomies should be duplicated but meta data is not copied over as you will see for yourself. Title , description and taxonomies are only copied over.

October 22, 2018 at 11:13 am #2837795

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I'd be happy to assist you further on this issue.

Could you please follow the below steps and let me know if this helps:
- Go to the post editor
- Now go to the bottom of the page and click on "Multilingual content setup"
- Now click on show system fields
- Now mark the "_meta_id" and "_meta_price" as copy
- Click apply.
- Update the post and create a copy, the fields should be copied.

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

October 23, 2018 at 12:37 pm #2842373

sabrinaB-7

My issue is resolved now. Thank you! Thank you very much!