This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Please make sure to update to WPML to the latest and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bigul 1 month, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Bigul.

Author Posts
February 14, 2020 at 5:53 am #5491821

andresG-29

In the Media>>Library section all the images appear five times!

Can this be one per language?

Do you know why these images duplicated?

February 14, 2020 at 6:09 am #5492103

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi Andres,

We are still working on this issue. The images are showing the duplicates on my local copy after WPML Media Sync and WPML Troubleshooting steps. Therefore we would like to know you have a backup just before installing and configuring WPML on your site. It will help us to see the difference in the database and trace the reason for the issue.

Please check it and let me know your feedback.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

February 18, 2020 at 9:48 am #5513709

andresG-29

Hello Bigul,
I've been traveling the last few days and I could not check on the webpage. Now I am back and ready to retake the webpage.
How is it going with the duplication media?
As I told you, I do not recall doing a full backup before installing WPML.
But, is it possible to get rid of the duplicated data?
Please, come back to me

thanks,

Andrés

February 18, 2020 at 9:50 am #5513715

andresG-29

Hello Bigul,

I have received a mail from one of your robots.
Is everything right?

Andres

February 18, 2020 at 1:03 pm #5515473

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Andres,

Thank you for the updates. I have shared your feedback with our team and waiting for their expert opinion. We will get back to you as soon as possible.

Please note, you will get notifications from our forum based on the ticket status. It is just only an alert.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

February 20, 2020 at 5:19 am #5529691

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Andres,

For your kind updates, the Duplication of Images is not happening because of WPML. We are not able to find the actual reason for this Duplication because the backup is missing before this bug happened.

We have also tried with the following plugins to find the Duplicate images. But it is also not detecting the images as Duplicates. Please check the attached image for more details.

https://wordpress.org/plugins/media-deduper/

https://wordpress.org/plugins/remove-duplicate-posts/

Therefore sorry to inform you that you have to remove the images manually. Because the possible workarounds are not giving the expected results. Thank you for your understanding.

--
Thanks!

Bigul