This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: When duplicating ACF fields, all of the fields in the translated group as well as in the original group disappear. Solution: ACF Multilingual version number 0.5.1 fixes this problem. Relevant Documentation: https://wpml.org/download/acfml/?section=changelog

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Itamar 2 years, 3 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Itamar.

Author Posts
June 14, 2017 at 12:36 pm #1298173

Régis

I am trying to:
Follow these instructions to translate a field group (1 field group, linked to posts, with 2 ACF fields in it) : https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/translate-sites-built-with-acf/#translating-field-groups-and-fields

URL of (my) website where problem appears: various including a fresh local install

I expected to see: The translated ACF field group, with fields in it

Instead, I got: All my ACF fields are not shown on duplicated group + when I go to ACF group list, ACF fields have benn removed from my group + if I try with more than one group, all acf fields are removed too...

Steps to duplicate the issue: I've followed exactly the steps in the given URL. The problem appears when I duplicate the field group.

June 15, 2017 at 9:08 am #1298858

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hello, Regis.

Thank you for contacting the WPML support forum and reporting this issue.
According to our change log, the latest version of ACF Multilingual 0.5 was suppose to fix this issue.
https://wpml.org/download/acfml/?section=changelog
I'm testing it currently on my local server and console my superiors if needed.
I'll keep you updated here as soon as possible.

Thanks,
Itamar.

June 15, 2017 at 11:10 am #1298966

Itamar
Supporter

Hi, Regis.

Unfortunately, I can replicate this problem on a clean installation of WP + ACF Pro + ACFML.
Once the group is duplicated, the fields are deleted from the translation of the group as well as from the original group.
This ticket is now escalated to our developers to check it.
We'll keep you updated here on any news about this issue.

Thanks,
Itamar.

June 19, 2017 at 7:58 am #1300701

Itamar
Supporter

Hello, Regis.

Our developers have released a fixed version for ACF Multilingual that fixes this issue.
I'm sharing it with you now.
Please expect an email to the email box that you are registered on our account with a link to Google Drive where you can download this fixed version.
Deactivate and delete from your site's installation the current ACFML plugin and install this one instead.
I've checked it on my local server, and it fixes the problem.

**** Important! Please make a full site backup (files and DB) before you proceed with those steps****

Please, let me now if it is working for you.

Thanks,
Itamar.

June 20, 2017 at 9:34 am #1301747

nickM-7

Hi Itamar,

When will you be releasing the updated version as I am experiencing the same issue?

Thanks.

June 20, 2017 at 11:07 am #1301847

Itamar
Supporter

Hello, @nickm-7.

I've just shared with you the link to download the fixed version for this plugin.
I've sent it to the email address that you are registered with on your account on our site.

**** Important! Please make a full site backup (files and DB) before you proceed with those steps****

Thanks,
Itamar.

June 22, 2017 at 9:56 am #1303465

Itamar
Supporter

Hello, Regis, and @nickm-7.

Yesterday we released an official version of ACF Multilingual version number 0.5.1 which fixes this problem.
Please, update it from the plugins section on your site or download it from your account here.
https://wpml.org/account/downloads/
Please, let me know if it is working for OK for you.

Thanks,
Itamar.

July 12, 2017 at 7:39 am #1317465

Régis

Hi,
sorry for the delay.
Everything seems OK with this new version.
Fields group can now be duplicated and fields are not deleted anymore.
Thanks!

July 12, 2017 at 9:27 am #1317565

Itamar
Supporter

Great! I'm glad that everything is OK now.
Thanks for the update.

Cheers,
Itamar.