This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 40 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Andreas W. 7 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Andreas W..

Author Posts
February 4, 2019 at 10:05 am

tobiasL-11

This a a follow up from this ticket:
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/urgent-translation-of-dynamic-pricing-is-not-working/page/2/#post-3156913

First there were problems with the translation of the plugin dynamic prices. This has been fixes.

A new issue is, that the translation as described in the previous ticket only works for simple products. But I am using composite products and the dynamic prices which are connected to the composites still show the same problem which is described in the first ticket. So the fix doesn't seem to applay for this kind of products.

February 4, 2019 at 10:17 am
February 7, 2019 at 12:53 pm #3170277

tobiasL-11

Hello,
when will you be able to fix this problem?
This is very urgent for us, since we can't sell any products.

Cheers
Franziska

February 7, 2019 at 2:43 pm #3170869

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hi Franziska,

during the chat I asked you to please install Composite Product plugin and to reproduce the issue on the Sandbox we already used for the Dynamic Pricing issue. I checked it and I can't see the plugin there.

Please see if you can reproduce and let me know when you manage or at least when you install the plugin. We don't have it in our repository so you need to give me a copy.

February 7, 2019 at 3:31 pm #3171069

tobiasL-11

Oh ok, I didn't see this.
It's not so convenient that the chat conversation was gone so quickly.
You said you know this problem, that's why I thought you are already solving it?
Why do I need to repdroduce it?

Where can I find the conversation of the chat?
I don't have the link for the sandbox anymore.

February 7, 2019 at 3:48 pm #3171136

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Hi,

I know the issue with Dynamic Pricing because we had a previous ticket with it.

The chat conversation is in the private message in this thread.
The Sandbox link is hidden link

You need to reproduce the issue because the compatibility team needs to see the issue in a fresh installation, and if you reproduce it's much more faster than if I try doing it - most likely I should need very detailed information.

February 7, 2019 at 5:36 pm #3171702

tobiasL-11

All right, I tried to set it up.
There is one specialty about the composite products in our shop. Because WPML couldn’t handle them at the time we built the shop it was not possible to set up German Composite product and simply translate it into English.
Because if this we had to set up two Products: One only in German and one only in English. That’s also how I did it in the sandbox.

For the German Composite “Test Produkt 1+2 DE” everything works fine.
For the English Composite “Test Product 1+2 EN” I see two problems:
1. The price shown in the description is 1,50 instead of 0.5 which is set as the regular price. I don’t know where this 1,50 comes from
2. I can’t put the product in the shopping cart in order to test the dynamic pricing because I need to choose an option for part 2. For “Test Produkt 1+2 DE” I don’t have to choose an option.
3. Also, I noticed that for “Test Product 1+2 EN” I can’t set the English Version of “Test Product Part 2” in the Part 2 of the Composites. I can only select “Test Produkt Part 2” which is the German Version. For the Part 1 of the composites where I use categories.

February 8, 2019 at 11:46 am #3174868

Laura
Supporter

Hi,

about the price of the Product 1+2 EN I see on Products -> All products page that is 1,50 even if when you edit the product I can see 0,50 as price.

However, the problem is that both issues you reported persist even with WPML disabled, so I don't think this is related to WPML.
In the Sandbox if you translate the Bundle german product I don't have the issue of the other English product (hidden link) so it may be related to some specific configuration.

If you don't use WPML to translate bundle products in your site, why do you think WPML is responsible for the issues you have? Did you test with it deactivated?
If you don't have issues with WPML deactivated, could you give me more details?

February 8, 2019 at 12:04 pm #3174948

tobiasL-11

Hello,

first of all I had to do the translation without WPML because WPML wouldn't support the translation of the composit products fully. So I didn't have a choice and this now causes follow up problems. The problems might not be from WPML directly but the initital reason is WPML.
I guess I have to do the work and try translating my composit products into englisch using WPML now again and hope it works after 2 years....

February 8, 2019 at 12:17 pm #3174976

tobiasL-11

Is it possible to keep the sanbox running for testing until I could solve the problem?
Thank you.

February 8, 2019 at 2:41 pm #3175760

Laura
Supporter

Hi,

I can understand your point but we can't fix something that is not caused by WPML now. If you can find issues related to WPML we'll be happy to help, but if they are related to Composite products only you'll need to ask their support.

The Sandbox expires after 7 days of inactivity, so it should be enough time. Eventually you can login again to refresh it.

February 12, 2019 at 12:29 pm #3188490

tobiasL-11

Hello,

is it possible to have a german support? It's really hard for me in english and I've read the german support is available again.

I talked to the SomewhereWarm Support (woocommercesupport@somewherewarm.gr
) about this problem and here is there answer:

------
We tried editing the 'Test Product 2' but we noticed that it does not exist in the English version of your website as a standalone product -- instead it is a translation of 'Test Produkt 2': hidden link

To confirm that this issue is indeed caused by WPML, we created a new 'Test Product 2' in the English version of your website: hidden link and then added it to this Composite Product: hidden link

As you can see, the total price for this Composite is calculated correctly: hidden link. Could you please double-check?

If the issue is indeed resolved, then we recommend contacting WPML support directly, since as we mentioned in our initial reply, their development team is the one that has added and currently maintains the integration with Composite Products!

Let us know if they need any additional details from us! 🙂
--------

--> Looking at this with my little knowledge seems you are right.
The bug was there when I turned off WPML but I translated the products with it before. So the bug might already have been in the product even when switching off WPML.

February 13, 2019 at 8:52 pm #3196166

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hallo,

Vielen Dank für Ihre Geduld während ich mir die Sache einmal genauer angesehen habe.

Bitte schauen Sie sich die Test-Produkte an, welche ich ohne WPML erstellt habe.

hidden link

Ich muss ehrlich sagen, das ich mit dem WooCommerce Composite Product Plugin nicht vertraut bin, aber das Plugin wurde Ende letzten Jahres von unserem Team getestet und hat mehrere Fehler, die in Verbidung mit WPML auftreten.

https://wpml.org/de/plugin/woocommerce-composite-products-2/

Und unserem Beispiel treten die Fehler allerdings sogar auf, wenn WPML nicht aktiv ist. Ich habe versucht ein Composite Produkt mit dynamischem Preis zu erstellen und erhalte keinen Möglichkeit im WooCommerce Store einen Einkauf zu tätigen.

Erstelle ich jedoch ein einfaches Produkt mit dynamischem Preis verläuft alles wie erwartet.

Ich möchte nochmal ausdrücklich darauf hinweisen, dass dieses Problem ohne WPML auftritt und ich würde Ihnen raten den WooCommerce Support und die jeweiligen Plugin Hersteller zu kontaktieren.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Andreas

February 14, 2019 at 9:17 am #3198344

tobiasL-11

Danke für die Hilfe, Andreas. Ich werde die Info nochmals an den Support von Composite Products weiterleiten.

February 14, 2019 at 12:10 pm #3199476

tobiasL-11

Hi Andreas,
als Anwort habe ich vom Support folgendes erhalten:

The reason why this issue shows up even when WPML is deactivated is that the affected products were created when WPML was active. Taking a look at your sandbox site, it seems that WPML does not create a copy of the same product for all the different language versions. With that said, it is not possible for Composite Products to find this product in your store and add it as a component option.

For reference, please take a look at this Composite Product: hidden link, which we created for you after WPML was deactivated.

VG Franziska