This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Silvana 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Noman.

Author Posts
July 6, 2019 at 2:18 pm #4156003

Silvana

I got this from WordPress by email, saying that in version 5.2 WordPress starts to detect errors in plugins:

Error Details
=============
An error of type E_COMPILE_ERROR was caused in line 251 of the file
/home/iacworld/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpml-translation-analytics/inc/translation-analytics.class.php.
Error message: require_once(): Failed opening required
'/home/iacworld/public_html/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/inc/translation-management/pro-translation.class.php'
(include_path='.:/usr/local/php71/pear')

July 7, 2019 at 1:07 pm #4157719

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. The error seems to be caused by a missing file in the WPML Multilingual CMS plugin. In this case I recommend you to manually update the plugin and check if the issue persists.

To do a manual update please follow these steps:

1. Please take your full site backup.

2. Deactivate the existing WPML plugin.

3. Delete the plugin files – this does not delete your translations. You will simply delete the plugin files from your "wp-content/plugins" folder, NOT the database records.

4. Download the updated plugins from our servers (https://wpml.org/account/downloads/) and upload them to the plugin directory.

5. Activate the WPML plugin and add-ons.

Thank you

July 27, 2019 at 3:08 pm #4293763

Silvana

I have done that and reinstalled the plugin. I updated all the add-ons. It still has the exact same error:

Error Details
=============
An error of type E_COMPILE_ERROR was caused in line 251 of the file
/home/iacworld/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpml-translation-analytics/inc/translation-analytics.class.php.
Error message: require_once(): Failed opening required
'/home/iacworld/public_html/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/inc/translation-management/pro-translation.class.php'
(include_path='.:/usr/local/php71/pear')