Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Andreas W. 1 month, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Andreas W..

Author Posts
November 8, 2021 at 4:31 pm #9948871

margitZ

Hi there,

I am using Kadence WooCommerce Email Designer and trying to translate E-Mails from default (German) to English.

As per the screenshots you will see, that I have translated all strings accordingly but the English E-Mail for "Processing Order" for example displays heading text, product name, Shipping method and additional content in default language.

I have set up a test site and deactivated all plugins except for theme, WC & WPML and the issue still remains, I am happy to provide you access.

Also, I know the WordPress memory limit needs to be increased, we are on it with our provider.

Thanks!

Heading.png
Product and Shipping.png
Additional Content.png
Strings.png
November 10, 2021 at 2:36 pm #9967017

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Bahia (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting our support service. Before a more detailed investigation, I would recommend you this related ticket: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/translate-kadence-woocommerce-email-designer/ where a solution was provided.

Please, let me know if it happens and we'll move forward in the resolution process. Have a nice day.

November 11, 2021 at 2:53 pm #9976065

margitZ

Hi Marcos,

thanks for your reply and the support ticket. However, I've already looked through this one before I opened the ticket and all the strings relating to the E-Mail contents are visible and translated correctly. But still, the heading, additional content, product name and shipping method are not shown in English whereas the rest of the E-Mail ist.

November 13, 2021 at 12:41 am #9985561

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

This seems to be a WooCommerce Multilingual configuration issue.

Please go to WooCommerce -> WooCommerce Multilingual -> Status and check for any notifications regarding missing translations of config issues.

Go to go to WooCommerce -> WooCommerce Multilingual -> Store URLs and make sure "shop", "product", "product-category", "product-tags".

In doubts please allow me to have a look at the site as admin user. The private reply form is enabled.

Best regards
Andreas

November 16, 2021 at 11:39 pm #10009861

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

My appologies for the long message, but I ran into quiet many issues on your Staging.

1) Those strings from Kadence are all registered and translated on String Translation.

2) I have changed the WP Memeory Limit to 256M

3) I then tried purchasing any English product, but apparently not any product get added to the cart. I see the same issue on DE and the issue even disappears when disabling all WPML Plugins.

4) I then updates all plugins that were outdated, with exception of WPML and set the Staging into a minimal setup with Avada Twenty-One and WooCommerce and WPML only.

5) It appears that you have set the Cart page as subpage of shop and the WooCommerce Cart shortcode was placed inside the Avada Builder. It seems as this is somehow causing issues.

6) I then changed the WordPress Permalink settings from "Simple" to "Postname" ("Beitragsname") and it seems as this solved the issue with not beeing able to add a product to the cart.

7) Now, when trying to place an order on the English Shop I got "No shipping method has been selected.", with the message "There are no shipping options available." even if I order to German on Cart and Checkout.

8) So I tested again in minimal setup and the issue persists, even if I for example try to calculate the shipping cost for UK, England, London.

I then realized that the product slug was not translated inside the URLs:

Example:
hidden link

I was able to find the slug at WPML -> String Translation by searching for "produkt", but I had to assign the string to the correct language "DE", as it was assigned to "EN" by default.

Now the correct URL is:
hidden link

After that also the shipping calculation was working as expected.

9) Then, I was able to make an order for the above mentioned product and set the order to "Processing" and resend the email notification.

The email is translated. See screenshot.

10) The only string that was not translated is "(delivery time: ca. 3-4 Werktage)" which is coming from the plugin German Market and can get adjusted with WPML String Translation, which I did not the Staging as well.

11) I had to go here first to WPML -> Theme and Plugin Localization where a dynamic dialog used to show up on top of the page, asking for creating the custom language files, that WPML needs in order to translate theme and plugins with WPML String Translation.

I have created those files and after that was able to find the "deliviery times" string on String Translation.

FINALLY:
Now, please do some more testing and provideme exact datails about whihc strings are not working as expected and how you proceeded in order to see the issue.

I can then offer to create a test-site on which I will need you to install German Market and Kadence for further testing, as it seems to me that those strings coming from this plugin are not working as expected on the email.

For Kadence, it seems to me that the automatically send emails do actually work, but if we force WordPress to send the emails again, then the email are send in admin language.

Can you confirm the same issue?

Please, before taking further tests aslo update our WPML to the latest version on your Staging site. You can find the plugins here:
https://wpml.org/account/downloads/

Best regards
Andreas

email.jpg
November 18, 2021 at 7:20 pm #10025915

margitZ

Hi Andreas,

thanks for the comprehensive reply, I have updated WPML on the staging site.

Fortunately neither the "add to cart" nor the incorrect slug issue is present on the production site.

What I'm facing now are two very different situations. The issues I'm facing on the production site vs. development site are not the same. I would actually suggest creating a new staging so the current website state is copied, what do you say?

In the meantime, here are the issue on the staging site:

E-mails are translated properly except for "Customer Processing Order", where body text, footer and delivery time are still in German.

Issues on the production site:

E-mails are translated properly except for "Customer Processing Order", where delivery times are still in German. And the final amounts are displayed incorrectly. When order is submitted the amounts are correct but when status is changed to processing they change to absurd amounts (17 million € instead of 23€).

Both sites display the delivery time of product with ID: 2307 in cart (only in cart, product page is correct) in German although the page is set to English.

Also, what might also be helpful to look into is that browsing German Market > Lieferzeiten > Dropdown Standardwert Lieferzeiten in English will display all delivery times correctly except for "24 Stunden" and "48 Stunden", although the according strings are translated correctly as far as I could see.

I'm sorry if this has caused more confusion but I feel like there is just one thing off that keeps everything from functioning properly, somewhere in German Market I would assume.

Thanks!

November 20, 2021 at 2:42 am #10034343

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

I am really sorry for the long message earlier, I just was writing it while I was working on the site to let you know what I did and took quiet long.

I would suggest we start from scratch with a new staging and from there, if I can confirm an issue between plugins, I will provide a test-site on which I will need youto install the plugin(s) in question and we will try to recreate those issues and escalate them towards our compatilbity team.

But first, we need to identify what is causing it and check if there is a solution for that wihtout further escalation.

Please create a new staging and provide me access as admin.

The private reply form is enabled.

Best regards
Andreas

December 1, 2021 at 4:39 am #10101219

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

After testing on your site with only Twenty Twenty-One Theme, WooCommerce, German Market and WPML in its latest version the reported issue about the cart string regarding "Delivery Time" do persists.

I would suggets we try if we can recreate this issue on a new test-site and if the issue persists here, I will be escalating it towards our compatibility team.

In order to test this issue, I will need you to provide the German Market Plugin in its latest version.

One-Click-Login:
hidden link

Please leave me a short notification, once the plugin is installed.

Best regards
Andreas

December 13, 2021 at 11:51 am #10174483

margitZ

Hi Andreas, sorry for the delayed response. I was going to install the plugin on the suggested page but I think the link is expired. Would you mind setting it up again?

Thanks!

December 14, 2021 at 10:52 am #10181807

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

Yes, it is that those sandboxes are only valid for 7 days.

I have created a new one here:

One-Click-Login:
hidden link

Please install the plugin and try to recreate the issue. The sandbox is not able to send e-mails, but I added an E-Mail Log plugin which you can find inside the WP setttings.

Best regards
Andreas

The topic ‘[Closed] E-Mails are partially not translated’ is closed to new replies.