This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: At the moment my test environment is set up in English and in German. The basic language is German. Let's say a client orders something on the English site. After the ordering process she will receive a confirmation that the order has been received. Is it possible to translate this e-mail for the German client, so she or he receives the confirmation in German when the order has been made on the German site? Solution: You can translate the mail messages by going to Dashboard → WPMl → String Translation section. Basically, all the texts that you set to be send through emails are automatically added here so you can easily translate them.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by brigitteK-2 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
April 30, 2019 at 7:52 am #3708881

brigitteK-2

Hello,
at the moment my test environment is set up in English and in German. The basic language is German. Let's say a client orders something on the English site. After the ordering process she will receive a confirmation that the order has been received. Is it possible to translate this e-mail for the German client, so she or he receives the confirmation in German when the order has been made on the German site?

Is there maybe a special plugin needed to do so?

Kind regards and thank you for your help.
Brigitte

April 30, 2019 at 11:06 am #3710541

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey Brigitte,

Thank you for reaching out the WPML support!

Have you tried to translate the mail messages by going to Dashboard → WPMl → String Translation section? Basically, all the texts that you set to be send through emails are automatically added here so you can easily translate them. Can you give this a try and tell me how it goes, please?

Thanks,
Radu

May 1, 2019 at 8:59 am #3717113

brigitteK-2

Hi Radu, thank you. I will find out in the next few days and come back to you. Kind regards, Brigitte

P.S. I made a mistake: the basic language is English. Not that it changes the system but just to be correct.

May 1, 2019 at 9:33 am #3717243

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey Brigitte,

No worries. Just give me a message back once you have some time to give this a try and tell me how it went.

Regards,
Radu

May 5, 2019 at 8:00 pm #3743955

brigitteK-2

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!