Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: At the moment my test environment is set up in English and in German. The basic language is German. Let's say a client orders something on the English site. After the ordering process she will receive a confirmation that the order has been received. Is it possible to translate this e-mail for the German client, so she or he receives the confirmation in German when the order has been made on the German site? Solution: You can translate the mail messages by going to Dashboard → WPMl → String Translation section. Basically, all the texts that you set to be send through emails are automatically added here so you can easily translate them.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by brigitteK-2 1 year, 3 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
April 30, 2019 at 7:52 am #3708881

brigitteK-2

Hello,
at the moment my test environment is set up in English and in German. The basic language is German. Let's say a client orders something on the English site. After the ordering process she will receive a confirmation that the order has been received. Is it possible to translate this e-mail for the German client, so she or he receives the confirmation in German when the order has been made on the German site?

Is there maybe a special plugin needed to do so?

Kind regards and thank you for your help.
Brigitte

April 30, 2019 at 11:06 am #3710541

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey Brigitte,

Thank you for reaching out the WPML support!

Have you tried to translate the mail messages by going to Dashboard → WPMl → String Translation section? Basically, all the texts that you set to be send through emails are automatically added here so you can easily translate them. Can you give this a try and tell me how it goes, please?

Thanks,
Radu

May 1, 2019 at 8:59 am #3717113

brigitteK-2

Hi Radu, thank you. I will find out in the next few days and come back to you. Kind regards, Brigitte

P.S. I made a mistake: the basic language is English. Not that it changes the system but just to be correct.

May 1, 2019 at 9:33 am #3717243

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey Brigitte,

No worries. Just give me a message back once you have some time to give this a try and tell me how it went.

Regards,
Radu

May 5, 2019 at 8:00 pm #3743955

brigitteK-2

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!