This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

Uncaught InvalidArgumentException: Translation name cannot be empty in /home/boflower/www/wp-content/plugins/wpml-string-translation/classes/filters/db-cache/class-wpml-st-page-translation.php:107

Solution:

-backup your site completely
-Go to WPML>>Support page
-Click on Troubleshooting link (link in the middle of the page)
-In Troubleshooting page, please click on the following options of 'Clean up' section. Wait for confirmation of processing after each one.
- Clear the cache in WPML
- Remove ghost entries from the translation tables
- Fix element_type collation
- Set language information
- Assign translation status to duplicated content
- Fix terms count
- Fix post type assignment
-Recreate ST DB cache tables

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by marcS-13 4 months, 4 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Dennis.

Author Posts
May 23, 2019 at 6:12 am #3871401

marcS-13

I am trying to:
I receive an error when loading the string translation. I receive the following error information from wordpress:

Uncaught InvalidArgumentException: Translation name cannot be empty in /home/boflower/www/wp-content/plugins/wpml-string-translation/classes/filters/db-cache/class-wpml-st-page-translation.php:107
Stack trace:
#0 /home/boflower/www/wp-content/plugins/wpml-string-translation/classes/filters/db-cache/class-wpml-st-page-translation.php(44): WPML_ST_Page_Translation->validate_values('27984', '', 'woocommerce-che...')
#1 /home/boflower/www/wp-content/plugins/wpml-string-translation/classes/filters/db-cache/persist/class-wpml-st-page-translations-persist.php(107): WPML_ST_Page_Translation->__construct('27984', '', 'woocommerce-che...', '', false, '')
#2 [internal function]: WPML_ST_Page_Translations_Persist->create_translation_from_db_record(Array)
#3 /home/boflower/www/wp-content/plugins/wpml-string-translation/classes/filters/db-cache/persist/class-wpml-st-page-translations-persist.php(51): array_map(Array, Array)
#4 /home/boflower/www/wp-content/plugins/wpml-string-translation/classes/filters/db-cache/persist/cl

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

I expected to see:

Instead, I got:

May 23, 2019 at 8:42 am #3872657

Dennis

Hi,

Welcome to WPML Support forum.

Could you please try these steps and see if it resolves the issue?

Note: Please make sure to make a complete backup of your site before proceeding.

-Go to WPML>>Support page
-Click on Troubleshooting link (link in the middle of the page)
-In Troubleshooting page, please click on the following options of 'Clean up' section. Wait for confirmation of processing after each one.
- Clear the cache in WPML
- Remove ghost entries from the translation tables
- Fix element_type collation
- Set language information
- Assign translation status to duplicated content
- Fix terms count
- Fix post type assignment
-Recreate ST DB cache tables

Please let me know how it goes.

Kind regards,
Dennis

May 23, 2019 at 6:11 pm #3878601

marcS-13

Hello so I did most steps except the last one.

I am actually using the french version and I cannot find the corresponding command. Do you have a screenshot or do you happen to know which is the command for recreating the st db cache tables.

Thanks a lot.

Marc

May 24, 2019 at 3:06 am #3880679

Dennis

Hi,

Thank you for your reply and I apologize for late reply as I'm working at GMT+8 timezone.

Please refer to attached image.

Please let me know how it goes.

Kind regards,
Dennis

May 24, 2019 at 6:30 am #3881457

marcS-13

Hi,

thanks for that but I actually do not have that option (screenshot attached).

I did all the other operations you suggested and that does not resolve the issue.

Any idea why I cannot recreated the st db cache?

Thanks,

Marc

May 24, 2019 at 8:51 am #3882561

Dennis

Hi,

Thank you for your update.

Could you please check if you WPML String Translation plugin is activated in your site? If not, could you please try to activate it?

Does the option 'Recreate ST DB cache tables' appears after activating the plugin?

Kind regards,
Dennis

May 26, 2019 at 7:34 pm #3892377

marcS-13

That worked and it seems to have solved the issue.

Thanks a lot.