Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.4 before reporting any issue

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by jamesP-19 2 years, 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Shekhar Bhandari.

Author Posts
May 30, 2017 at 5:59 pm #1287718

Jerry Sullivan

I am trying to: create a translation project that can be reused once a week for our content type (release notes)

URL of (my) website where problem appears: wpml1.wpengine.com

I expected to see: the ability to manage projects and have each release notes roll up under a 'release notes' project

Instead, I got: a new project with each translation

Steps to duplicate the issue: round-trip a release note

June 1, 2017 at 12:34 am #1288918

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello Jerry,

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I'd be happy to help you on this.

I am not sure what you are trying to achieve, so would you mind elaborating on this matter a bit more, are you trying to do the following?
1) Send a content to translation
2) Complete the translation with a note.
3) After few weeks without sending the translation, add an updated translation with another note?

To know how WPML basically works with Transifex, you can check the below documentation page.
https://wpml.org/translation-service/transifex/

I look forward to your reply

Thanks

June 1, 2017 at 7:02 pm #1289725

Jerry Sullivan

Thanks for your reply. 1 is correct, not 2 & 3. We are using WPML with Transifex, and it works. But each time the content is sent to Transifex it creates a new project. We would like the ability to add to existing projects instead of having a new one created with each translation (as these are scheduled every week).

June 2, 2017 at 9:46 am #1290026

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hi there,

I am discussing this issue with our 2nd tier supporters and will respond to you soon.

Thanks

June 6, 2017 at 6:23 am #1291832

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hi there,

I recently received information from our 2nd tier supporters regarding this issue and they mentioned that this is a complicated feature and they have to think about all possible consequences of this approach since it is different than our current architecture.

Being so, they have mentioned that they have added this feature in the roadmap but at the moment, it is hard for me to say when this will be implemented.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks

February 21, 2018 at 8:05 pm #1525399

jamesP-19

Hello,

We are experiencing the exact same issue...

Have you got any updates on this?

Thanks!