Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 7.26 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 39 replies, has 5 voices.

Last updated by Andrés 7 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Andrés.

Author Posts
October 13, 2021 at 12:38 pm #9780677

andreaB-8

I need help for set in right way WPML settings... When I click on + symbol I don't see editor page for change text... I'd like an easy way for translate in right way content and elements in page. Thanks

October 13, 2021 at 1:29 pm #9781463

Itamar
Supporter

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi,

I'm sorry but there was a problem with our system that got us disconnected from the chat. If you still need help from us please reply here and share the access to your site so we could check the issue that you are having when trying to translate pages built with Elementor.

If you need further help with this, please share the access details to your site with me.
I'm enabling a private message for the next reply.

Privacy and Security Policy

We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

**IMPORTANT**

- - Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access. --

Regards,
Itamar.

October 13, 2021 at 10:09 pm #9784269

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi there.

If you would like to use the Elementor editor with the translated page, too, then you would need to create the translation differently from the very beginning.

You will need to first duplicate the page that you want to translate into the other language.

After you duplicate it, please go to the top are of the WordPress backend, switch the language to the one that you duplicated the page into, then go to Pages, then you will see the duplicated page. Click "Edit with Elementor" and now you can overwrite the duplicated content with the translation.

Related documentation:
https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/displaying-untranslated-content-on-pages-in-secondary-languages/

Please let me know how that goes.

Kind regards,
Mihai Apetrei

October 13, 2021 at 10:11 pm #9784271

andreaB-8

Can you record me a video (using my site with a sample page) with all that I need to do for translate every page?
Thanks

October 13, 2021 at 10:28 pm #9784357

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi there.

Sure.

1. Please create a full website backup first and then update everything here to the latest version:
hidden link

2. After that, please let me know if you have an existing page that you want me to use for the example or if you want me to create one for you.

Mihai

October 14, 2021 at 7:08 pm #9792695

andreaB-8

NO! I don't update to last version some plug-ins!!!!!
I update YOUR plug-in you don't have to take care about my others plug-in!

Please record video while you apply translation to this page
hidden link

and this post
hidden link

Thanks!!

October 15, 2021 at 11:53 am #9797705

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi there.

Of course. Keeping plugins, themes and the WordPress version up to date is only for your benefit as they can keep your website secure from open gates that hackers can use to add malware to your website, but the decision is yours as it is your website 🙂

You can find the 2 videos here:

- Duplicate the page you mentioned (Il team):
hidden link

- Duplicate the post you mentioned (Cosa e successo):
hidden link

I wish you a lovely rest of the day.

Mihai

October 16, 2021 at 7:29 pm #9803367

andreaB-8

I can't access to these video files!!!!

October 16, 2021 at 7:43 pm #9803381

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi there.

Something went wrong it seems with the Gdrive settings. Please try now - they should work.

Have an amazing rest of the weekend!

Mihai

October 16, 2021 at 7:48 pm #9803387

andreaB-8

Thanks, please don't delete files in next days!!

October 16, 2021 at 8:33 pm #9803441

andreaB-8

Why in you duplicated page
hidden link
Images are missed?? Try to check slider image.
Thanks

October 16, 2021 at 9:11 pm #9803483

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi there.

As I mentioned here earlier (https://wpml.org/forums/topic/easy-way-for-translate-in-right-way/#post-9784269), the only way to use the Elementor as an editor for the translated page (as you requested) is to duplicate the content first into the other language (as explained here: https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/displaying-untranslated-content-on-pages-in-secondary-languages/) and then overwrite the duplicated content with your translated content manually.

This means that now, that we duplicated that page, you need to go here (hidden link) and overwrite the content.

The reason why not all the images are taken into consideration is probably that you are using a super old version of Elementor Pro.

If you can update that to the latest version shown here (hidden link), I can definitely spend more time investigating this, if the issue will still take place (I doubt it will though).

But from my understanding, you don't want to update anything else so if that's the case, no worries, just go here (hidden link) and re-add the images that are missing.

I will be out of my shift now and I am getting back on Monday if you will still have questions about this.

I wish you a lovely rest of the weekend.

PS: Don't worry, the videos are not going anywhere for the next 2 weeks.

Mihai

October 16, 2021 at 9:28 pm #9803519

andreaB-8

I need to translate only text using elementor… images are ok.
Please explain me right way following this approach

October 16, 2021 at 11:26 pm #9803561

andreaB-8

Elementor updated, but image missed when I create new page

October 18, 2021 at 7:31 pm #9812603

andreaB-8

I'm still waiting 🙁