This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by rafalP-12 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
October 6, 2018 at 9:17 pm #2793136

rafalP-12

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I want to translate custom attribute slug from the image. Singular form "Aktorzy" is ok, but plural should be also Aktorzy instead of "Product Aktorzy", how to edit it?

Is there any documentation that you are following?
No

Is there a similar example that we can see?
No

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

October 8, 2018 at 4:30 pm #2796933

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi and thank you for contacting WPML Support!

I will be happy to help you with this.

Could you please elaborate a little more on this point "Singular form "Aktorzy" is ok, but plural should be also Aktorzy instead of "Product Aktorzy"," so I can better understand?

Also, I am not able to see your site as it seems that it is in maintenance mode.

You should be able to edit the name of the taxonomy by clicking on that pencil icon.

Here is also some very helpful documentation that you can follow when you translate taxonomies or post categories:
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-post-categories-and-custom-taxonomies/

Please let me know if this helped you accomplish what you needed or if you still need help.

October 8, 2018 at 7:27 pm #2797174

rafalP-12

Could you please elaborate a little more on this point "Singular form "Aktorzy" is ok, but plural should be also Aktorzy instead of "Product Aktorzy"," so I can better understand?</

Check video. I can't edit Polish translation which is original. I can change there only English translation, but where can I change the plural form of polish translation?

hidden link

Also, I am not able to see your site as it seems that it is in maintenance mode.
The site is in development, password: wsad.

You should be able to edit the name of the taxonomy by clicking on that pencil icon.
It only edits English translation, but where is editing for polish original language?

October 10, 2018 at 2:55 pm #2804906

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hello and thank you for waiting.

After a deeper analyzation, I was able to realize that this is the default plural name for WooCommerce product attributes that's generated by WooCommerce itself.

So even if WPML is offering the possibility to translate the singular and plural forms of the product attribute for the other available languages (you can do that from WPML > Taxonomy Translation as you showed in the screenshots or from WPML > String Translation by searching for the product attribute name), we are not able to change the default naming of the plural version of the product attribute you created.

From what I see, even just by using only WooCommerce, without WPML, you are able to create or edit just the singular version of the product attribute.

I'm very sorry that I could not help you more on this.

Here is also the proof that the word "Product" for the plural version of the product attribute is generated straight from WooCommerce - you can find it on line 212 on the PHP file link below:
hidden link

I think you should contact WooCommerce support regarding this (https://woocommerce.com/contact-us/).

I hope this at least helps you know what you have to do going forward.

October 10, 2018 at 10:57 pm #2805940

rafalP-12

Very thank you for your answer. It cleared a lot for me. I thought it is important, but if Woocommerce generates plural for that means in frontend it shows only singular form created by me and plural form should not be important as much. I'm closing this as solved then.

October 10, 2018 at 10:59 pm #2805943

rafalP-12

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!