This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Carlos Rojas 9 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Carlos Rojas.

Author Posts
January 14, 2019 at 4:33 pm #3088743

daanB

I have created some products with translations via code. the different languages have different custom product attribute keys and values, so I want to edit them separately per product.

To achieve this I switched back to the native Woocommerce product edit screen, and clicked the "edit separately" button. Now I see lock icons before all attributes.

How can I overwrite this so I can edit attributes per product.

If this is not possible, is there a way to only connect products, so on the front-end, you can switch to different languages, but keep all products separate?

January 14, 2019 at 5:37 pm #3089183

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Montevideo (GMT-03:00)

Hello,
Thank you for contacting WPML support.

I'm truly sorry but I don't understand the issue 🙁

Can you please elaborate a little more so I can better understand?

Kind regards,
Carlos

January 15, 2019 at 10:18 am #3092054

daanB

I want to be able to edit the custom attributes per language in the product itself. The custom attributes are different per store ( not only the value but also the name of the attribute. ). As you can see in the provided screenshot, all custom product attributes are locked, so I cant change them.

The basic question is, how can I make it that I can edit these attributes in this screen per language without syncing them.

Kind regards,

Dennis

January 15, 2019 at 4:53 pm #3094057

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi there,
Thank you very much for your message.

Please visit this links where you will find our official documentation regarding this subject:
-https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/woocommerce-multilingual/#taxonomies
- https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/woocommerce-multilingual/#variations

Regards,
Carlos

January 15, 2019 at 5:07 pm #3094102

daanB

Hi Carlos,

I have already read the documentation before contacting support. can we please skip the basic support answers and get to solving the problem at hand? I have simplified the problem as good as I can. In the screenshot I provided. How do I remove the lock icons....

January 15, 2019 at 6:54 pm #3094432

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi there,
Thank you for your answer.

In the documentation you will find that is not possible to remove the lock icons as this information can only be edited in the products in the original language. For the translations the information gets locked.

If you desire to translate the attributes then you need to follow the steps provided in the documentation.

Regards,
Carlos

January 16, 2019 at 8:42 am #3096477

daanB

Hi Carlos,

That’s bad news. Is it possible to disable the translate feature from WPML and only use WPML to link the different language products so that the different languages are shown in the menu?

January 16, 2019 at 5:04 pm #3098683

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi,

Due to the fact that it's not possible to link products within WPML, it seems -unfortunately- that for now you need custom programming work which is beyond the scope of our support.

At this point I would suggest you consider contacting one of our certified partners from this link: http://wpml.org/documentation/support/wpml-contractors/

Before doing so please have a look also here:
http://wpml.org/documentation/support/wpml-contractors/guidelines-for-people-looking-for-consulting-help/

You will get the custom assistance you need to get on with your project.

Thank you very much for your patience and understanding.
Best regards,
Carlos