This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: I have an issue with updating the custom flag issue, when I test my site in my staging the flag option is missing, could you guide me to how to fix this issue?

Solution: After I update the wpBakery( formerly visual composer ) my issue is resolved.

Relevant Documentation:

This topic contains 13 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Carlos Rojas 4 months, 4 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Carlos Rojas.

Author Posts
May 15, 2019 at 6:03 am

ngS

Hi there.
I have an issue with updating the custom flag issue,
when I test my site in my staging the flag option is missing, could you guide me to how to fix this issue?

* This issue isn' t occur in my localhost.

May 15, 2019 at 6:14 am #3812453

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. Could you please check for a possible theme and plugin conflict. To do that you can switch back to any default theme (e.g. Twenty Seventeen theme), Disable all plugins except WPML and see if this issue goes away with default theme and only WPML activated?

If still issue persists, please enable error reporting at you site as I need to see the detail of the error log. You can see how to enable debug logging here:
https://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/
https://codex.wordpress.org/Debugging_in_WordPress

To enable it, open your ‘wp-config.php’ file and look for ‘define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);’. Change it to:

// Enable WP_DEBUG mode
define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );

// Enable Debug logging to the /wp-content/debug.log file
define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

// Disable display of errors and warnings 
define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );
@ini_set( 'display_errors', 0 );

define( 'SCRIPT_DEBUG', true );

After adding above code please try to reproduce the issue and this will create debug.log file in your site's wp-content directory. Please send me its contents.

Thank you

May 15, 2019 at 3:34 pm #3818427

ngS

Hi, Norman.
I already follow the instruction you gave, but the issue still there, could you assist?

May 15, 2019 at 7:49 pm #3820025

Noman
Supporter

I will be happy to help, can you please tell me result of the following:

1. What is the result when you check for theme and plugin conflict?

2. After enabling debug mode, do you see any error in /wp-content/debug.log file?

Looking forward to it, thank you

May 16, 2019 at 12:07 pm #3825707

ngS

Ya, I just put it under the wp-content/themes/konte-child/

please assist.

May 16, 2019 at 6:09 pm #3828705

Noman
Supporter

Hi,

To take a closer look on this issue, please provide temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP Login info) to your site (preferably staging site), so that I can look into your setup and debug the issue.

Your next answer will be private which means only you and I have access to it.

=== Please backup your database and website ===

✙ I would additionally need your permission to de-activate and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important.

Thank you

May 17, 2019 at 2:28 pm
May 20, 2019 at 11:28 am #3846357

ngS

Hi, May I know the status?

May 20, 2019 at 2:29 pm #3847967

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Montevideo (GMT-03:00)

Hi there,
My name is Carlos and I will be taking this ticket because our colleague Noman is off today.

It seems that the cause of this issue is a conflict with a third party functionality. I would like to ask you to follow this steps in order to isolate the cause of the issue:
- Back up your site first before making any change, this is for security reasons.
- Update all outdated plugins and themes.
- Flush any cache memory that might exists.
- Deactivate all the plugins that are not related to WPML.
- Switch for a moment to a WordPress default theme like Twenty Seventeen.
- If the issue is gone, activate one by one to see with which one there is an interaction issue.

Could you tell me the result of this steps?

Regards,
Carlos

May 21, 2019 at 2:53 pm #3856393

ngS

Hi, Carlos. The issue still occurs even I deactivate all my plugins and switch my theme to TwentyNineteen.

May 21, 2019 at 6:49 pm #3858339

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi there,
Thank you very much for your message.

Could you update the outdated plugins and double check if the issue persists?

Regards,
Carlos

May 22, 2019 at 12:05 pm #3865093

ngS

Hi, there.
I had been updated all the plugins and theme, but the issue still there.
Is that possible some memory setup issue?

May 22, 2019 at 12:33 pm #3865417

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi there,
Thank you for your message.

I activated the debug mode in the site and found this error in the debug.log file:

[22-May-2019 12:22:28 UTC] PHP Notice:  map_meta_cap was called <strong>incorrectly</strong>. The post type scheduled-action is not registered, so it may not be reliable to check the capability "edit_post" against a post of that type. Please see <a href="https://codex.wordpress.org/Debugging_in_WordPress">Debugging in WordPress</a> for more information. (This message was added in version 4.4.0.) in /opt/bitnami/apps/wordpress/htdocs/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4773

I suspect that this error might be the cause of the issue. This issue was already posted in this link and Visual Composer was causing it: https://toolset.com/forums/topic/notice-map_meta_cap-was-called-incorrectly-the-post-type-service-is-not-regist/

Please contact Visual composer's support service and ask them about this problem.

Could you tell me their answer?
Regards,
Carlos

May 22, 2019 at 3:24 pm #3867061

ngS

After I update the wpBakery( formerly visual composer ) my issue is resolved. Thank you!

May 22, 2019 at 7:35 pm #3868899

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi there,

I'm glad to hear that the issue is solved 🙂

Please don't hesitate to contact us if you need our help in the future with WPML. We will be more than happy to help.
Best regards,
Carlos