This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 10 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Riffaz 7 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Riffaz.

Author Posts
February 27, 2019 at 7:19 am #3248690

sabaI

Error after activation WPML Multilingual CMS - Uncaught ReferenceError: columns is not defined

February 27, 2019 at 11:18 pm #3252705

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Thank you for contacting us. Please, my sincere apologies for the delay in answering.

This seems to be some compatibility issue. Please as a test, could you disable all non-WPML plugins, switch to the default theme and see if the problem persists?

If the problem is fixed, please, enable the plugins one by one to see if there is any compatibility problem between these plugins.

Also, please, what is the version of WPML and WP are you using? I would like to know more about your installation. Can you please provide your WPML Debug information in the debug field below? http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

Thank you.

February 28, 2019 at 7:27 am #3253873

sabaI

I found a problem, WPML is not compatible to Yoast SEO. After disabling Yoast SEO problem solved. Please let me know when you fix it.

WP: 5.1
WPML: 4.2.3
Yoast SEO: 9.7

February 28, 2019 at 4:02 pm #3256447

Bruno
Supporter

Yoast SEO is compatible with WPML, despite some issues: https://wpml.org/plugin/yoast-seo/

I'll need to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site - preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible - in order to be of better help.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Note:

*** Please let me know exactly what steps should I follow to see the problem.

*** Please, can I install the Duplicator plugin (or All in One Migration) to make a copy of your site and install it on my test environment? This will help me debug the problem.

*** Note: Please make a full backup of your site.

Privacy and Security when Providing Debug Information for Support: https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Thank you.

March 12, 2019 at 8:37 am #3319361

sabaI

Take a nullfied theme, eg. themosis framrwork, set two plugins WPML and Yoast SEO, activate both plugins, move to Appearance - Menus and you will see the bug. first, do this and if you can not see the bug, then i will give you the site backup and the remote user.

March 12, 2019 at 3:25 pm #3324605

Bruno
Supporter

Please, provide me at least the theme so that I can test. You can zip the theme and use some server like Google Drive or Dropbox. That way I'll be able to test the exact same theme that you're using.

Your next message will be private so you can add the link for me to download the theme.

March 14, 2019 at 4:01 pm #3346775

Bruno
Supporter

This site apparently requires different settings than the default WordPress settings. What are the steps I must follow to install this site?

Note that I configured the file /config/app.php, but it seems that was not enough.

Thank you.

March 15, 2019 at 6:49 am #3351547

sabaI

hidden link

March 18, 2019 at 7:31 am #3366441

Riffaz
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Colombo (GMT+05:30)

Hi,

I am Riffaz.
Bruno is in his holiday.
I will handle this till he comes back.

We are trying to reproduce the issue in a fresh and minimal setup.
So we can identify and troubleshoot the issue but there are some complications in this.
You can help better and save time in this.

1. please go to hidden link
2. install your theme
3. configure the WPML as you have now.
4. reproduce the issue.
5. let us know how to check and recreate them.

Regards,
Riffaz.

March 19, 2019 at 11:45 am #3378597

sabaI

Hi, I can't create manu on your given link guys

March 19, 2019 at 1:23 pm #3379585

Riffaz
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Colombo (GMT+05:30)

what does that suppose to mean?
you tried but you could not or you do not want to create?
I see you did not touch anything the sandbox site.

The topic ‘[Closed] Edit menus does not work’ is closed to new replies.