This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Andreas W. 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Andreas W..

Author Posts
June 12, 2019 at 11:21 am #4003475

garyM-10

Site admin area has slowed significantly.Any WP action such as Updating,Publishing etc. can take several minutes to complete.
Whilst the action is completing the site resources will begin to spike and eventually the site will use all of it's allocated 2GB of Physical/virtual memory.

Additional info:
Problem happens only edit a page or post, other parts of the wp-admin
I already disabled some settings in the WPML as described in the forums but no luck, still slow
If necessary I can provide you access to the wp-admin so you can take a look.
If i disabling the WPML plugins the edit and publishing page are running faster.

Some pointers that may help you:

- There is no traffic or load on the site, since it is staging website our live website also have same issue so that is why we created staging for testing and solving the issue.

- I have tried all the WPML recommendations, increased memory, etc...but no success.
- We can slow query from WPML they are showing like this WPML_ST_Page_Translations_Persist->get_translations_for_page

Also please check the below video for reference
after activating wpml plugin and its add ons : hidden link?
After deactivating all WPML plugin : hidden link?

**CREDENTIALS REMOVED**

NB: Please dont work on Live site please work and test on staging site i have shared the url above.
If you want the FTP details please let me know

Thanks
Sarun

June 13, 2019 at 1:28 am #4008257

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Please provide us a download link for a Duplicator Package and include a list of your themes and plugins in the answer to this message. I have enabled the private mode for your next reply.

Afterwards I will escalate the your site to our developers in order to investigate the issue.

Realtive documentation:
https://wpml.org/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

Kind regards
Andreas

June 13, 2019 at 9:17 pm #4016959

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you very much for providing the information and a copy of the site.

Our developers will inspect the issue on order to impliment the necessary changes into the upcoming WPML CMS Multilingual update for version 4.2.8.

We kindly ask you for some patience.

Kind regards
Andreas

June 25, 2019 at 2:03 pm #4085303

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

We would kindly like to ask you to provide a new Duplicator package.

The package we received seems to seperate the site content and the database and we can not migrate the site in this manner.

Duplicator is free of use for backups up to 500MB and the package includes any content, themes, plugins and the database. As your site seems to exceed this limit there is a workaround.

In the first step of the Duplicator package creation process you are able to set filters for folders that will be excluded from the package building process.

You can simple add the filters for cache and uploads and it should bring your backup package to a minimal size.

More information here:
hidden link

In case of any issues please let me know. I can offer to create a package with Duplicator PRO in case you provide access to the site.

I have enabled the private box for your next reply.

Kind regards
Andreas

June 28, 2019 at 6:09 pm #4109833

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you very much for the provided information.

Your site copy has been escalated directly to our development team, who is working currently on solving any performance issues with WPML and String Translation inside of our next updates.

We kindly ask you for some patience. The priority of our next planed updates is set in order to solve performance issues caused by WPML and your provided information will be considered in those fixes.

Kind regards
Andreas