Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: Add variations to seconde language product only.

Solution: That's not possible with WPML. The basic concept is that WPML acts just as a translation mechanism for your WordPress content. In terms of products, you're selling essentially the same product across different languages, the product has the same features, stock, variations, etc.

What you can do is to create the product in the second language but not as a translation, so it will be a new separate product.

Relevant Documentation:

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Jelle 2 years, 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Ricardo Alday.

Author Posts
August 8, 2018 at 10:09 am #2623978

Jelle

Hi,

I'm trying to add product variations to the translated product only (not original product / language).

But when clicking edit on the translation of the product i get the WooCommerce Multilingual page: hidden link

Is it possible to only add variations of the translation of the original product?

Thanks

August 8, 2018 at 8:30 pm #2626404

Ricardo Alday

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out.
I'm afraid that's not possible with WPML. The basic concept is that WPML acts just as a translation mechanism for your WordPress content. In terms of products, you're selling essentially the same product across different languages, the product has the same features, stock, variations, etc.

What you can do is to create the product in the secondary language but not as a translation, so it will be a new separate product.

Best regards,
Rick

August 9, 2018 at 11:30 am #2628573

Jelle

Thanks for the explanation. That explains.