This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Rajeeb Banstola 3 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Rajeeb Banstola.

Author Posts
July 5, 2019 at 3:24 pm #4152399

celineK-5

I got a message from WordPress (5.2) that WordPress has found problems with the plugin: WPML Multilingual CMS. First the website was offline because of the WPML Woocommerce Multilingual plugin, so I deactivated that plugin (since I am not using Woocommerce yet). But now I can't edit my blog post and I got a message from WordPress that now the WPML Multilingual CMS is causing problems.

I got this error message (partly translated, because I got it in Dutch):

An error of type E_ERROR was caused on line number 143 of the file /home/u38361p34028/domains/theblogboss.nl/public_html/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/menu/post-menus/post-edit-screen /wpml-meta-boxes-post-edit-html.class.php. Error message: Uncaught Error: Cannot use object or type WP_Error as array in /home/u38361p34028/domains/theblogboss.nl/public_html/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/menu/post-menus/post-edit-screen /wpml-meta-boxes-post-edit-html.class.php:143
Stack trace:
# 0 /home/u38361p34028/domains/theblogboss.nl/public_html/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/menu/post-menus/post-edit-screen/wpml-meta-boxes-post-edit-html .class.php (57): WPML_Meta_Boxes_Post_Edit_HTML-> translation_priority ()
# 1 /home/u38361p34028/domains/theblogboss.nl/public_html/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/sitepress.class.php(1976): WPML_Meta_Boxes_Post_Edit_HTML-> render_languagesost (Object) (WP)
# 2 /home/u38361p34028/domains/theblogboss.nl/public_html/wp-admin/includes/template.php(1304): SitePress-> meta_box (Object (WP_Post), Array)
# 3 /home/u38361p34028/domains/theblogboss.nl/public_html/wp-admin/edit-form-advanced.php(635): do_meta_boxes (Object (WP_Screen), 'side', Object (WP_Post))
# 4 /home/u38361p34028/domains/theblogboss.nl/

July 5, 2019 at 10:16 pm #4154071

Rajeeb Banstola

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML. This could be caused due to some compatibility issue with theme or plugin.

Can you please switch to a default theme temporarily, disable all non-WPML plugins and see if the problem persists?

Then, if the issue is resolved, enable plugins one by one to see if there is any compatibilty issue with plugins.

Best,

July 6, 2019 at 5:46 am #4154989

celineK-5

I did what you used and I have found out the following:

When deactivating the plugin 'Classic Editor" I got a totally white screen except for only a blank editing form (see picture).

Also, deactivating the other plugins or switching to a default theme doesn't work as well, the issue still persists.

July 9, 2019 at 1:41 am #4166435

Rajeeb Banstola

Hi,

I would like to request your WordPress login details in order to further debug the issue. I would also need permissions to enable/disable themes, plugins and modify general WPML settings.

I've marked your next reply as private so that only you and I have access to the details.

July 10, 2019 at 12:08 am #4174815

Rajeeb Banstola

Hi,

Thank you for the details.

I reviewed your site and found that the WPML plugins are not updated to their latest version. I did test on my local environment with a copy of your site and was able to sucessfully edit/add new blog post after updating all the WPML plugins.

Please update WPML plugins and let me know if it works for you.

Best,

July 10, 2019 at 1:51 pm #4180931

celineK-5

Hi!

Thanks for your answer. Unfortunately, I can't find any updates for the plugin. It says both plugins are up to date. Please, can you exactly tell me what plugins I need to update or install? Thanks!

July 11, 2019 at 3:39 am #4185949

Rajeeb Banstola

Hi,

You are not seeing any updates because your subscription has expired for WPML plugins. You would want to renew the WPML subscription to get the updates.

Please update WPML and all related addons and let me know if that helps.