This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Ahmed Ibrahim 4 years, 6 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Ahmed Ibrahim.

Author Posts
April 21, 2015 at 4:32 am #602894

gabbyL

Is it possible to be able to input/edit translations for another language on the same page as the primary language?

For example, my site has English and Arabic versions. I want to be able to add/edit Arabic translations on the same page as the English version.

Is it possible to load the Arabic page's post content into the English version's edit page? And be able to save from there too?

I'm not sure if this has been asked or done before but I'd appreciate your insights.

Thank you!

April 21, 2015 at 2:22 pm #603397

Ahmed Ibrahim
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Arabic (العربية )

Timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+02:00)

Thank you for contacting WPML support forum.

You can try to change the language when you be in a post from the header bar switcher, the website will redirect to the translated version for this post in the selected language, if there is no translation for this post, the redirection will take you to a page for creating new translation in the selected language.

Or there is a navigation menu in the right side helps you to redirect to the translated post or create a translation in a specific language.

Please see the screenshots for more clarifications.

If that wasn't what you are talking about please describe with more details.
Thanks.

April 21, 2015 at 2:39 pm #603413

gabbyL

Hi,

Thank you for your quick reply, but no that's not quite what I meant.

I've attached a quick mockup of what I mean. Basically, managing translations for the 2 languages are done on one page, instead of having to go to a different page for every different language.

I know this isn't how WPML works out of the box but is something like this setup possible with WPML? Is it possible to load and save another page's (in this case, the Arabic translation's) content on the same page?

April 21, 2015 at 3:15 pm #603439

Ahmed Ibrahim
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Arabic (العربية )

Timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

I understand now what you are talking about , there is no option in the WPML able to make what you want exactly.
But the nearest option is to use translation editor, it will put the original text next to the translated one in the edit page.

To enable the translation editor , only If you were installed the "WPML Translation Management" plugin (within your plugin).

Go to your dashboard m WPML -> Translation management, under " Multilingual Content Setup " tab , find "How to translate posts and pages" section , select "Use the translation editor" and click save.

The topic ‘[Closed] Editing multiple languages on the same page’ is closed to new replies.