Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.4 before reporting any issue

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 51 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by agnesL 1 month, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno Kos.

Author Posts
October 7, 2019 at 1:20 pm #4707775

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+01:00)

Hi,

When trying to visit hidden link,
I get "Ce site rencontre des difficultés techniques" (or for any front page - let me know once you get this resolved).

I also you are using the translation manager to send jobs to yourself,

Actually, I did nothing of that. I only opened original pages, clicked "Update" and checked how these jobs look in TE, I didn't create any new jobs because these jobs are already there. So I opened CTE from those pages, just as you do it.

So this one came from CTE:
hidden link

And this one e.g. from ICL:
hidden link

I will test it on both, once you update Elementor and get the thing working. Let me know once you get there!

Regards,
Bruno Kos

October 9, 2019 at 8:46 am #4720815

agnesL

Hi Bruno,

I have done the following on the clone/dev version you are working on:
- updated elementor pro to 2.7.2
- solved the issue that caused error 500 while updating a "solutions" or "service" page. It was a customisation in functions.php to the RT Accordions widget provided by the theme (actually businesslounge extension plugin associated with the theme) that no longer works well with the theme/plugin update. It was meant to modify the HTML semantic structure (not important in our case), so I have just removed that customisation.
- reactivated Businesslounge extension plugin, otherwise you dont see much.
- flushed permalinks (else "solutions" (portfolio) was not working.)

For the memory, so you are now working on cloned dated 2019-09-26 with a new password, a simplified functions.php file (no customisation for the FAQ) and an Elementor pro updated to 2.7.2, with very few plugins.

I dont believe the FAQ/accordion widget error above is what has been causing problems with WPML. Those FAQs are not present in the agency pages.

Regarding ICL/CTE, your statings above are right.

October 9, 2019 at 11:08 am #4722021

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

I recorded two videos on what I am doing and what I see happening.

This one from ICL:
hidden link
hidden link

This one from CTE:
hidden link
hidden link

Nothing happens from what I see, no translations get removed from anywhere. Can you provide me your thoughts/insights on this? This is the proper way on how to update original pages and how to update translations.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

October 10, 2019 at 4:51 pm #4733071

agnesL

Regarding the error 500! I udnerstoof now: it happened because you desactivated the "businesslounge-extensions" plugin", and a fiunction was calling it in the child theme file. I added a "if plugin is active" now.

I looked at your 2 videos and it looks fine indeed. Let me see with the exact scenario that caused problem in the past...

October 10, 2019 at 5:16 pm #4733137

agnesL

Hello
I thought I got the same problem with the "solutions prestige" pagge, and in order to re-check it, I reverted to the clone version from 26 September. But there was something missing on this page from the beginning, so the test is not conclusive. I experimented with the e-commerce page (initial problem in this thread), and did not get the issue again.
I think we'd better leave it now. It is possible that the latest updates have solved the mrproblem, or as the fact that all translations have been done 100% in CTE now, make it simplier.
As I am working on the live site, I will be careful, and if I have an issue again , I'll make sure to have a clone at hand to be able to replay it.
Not sure if it is possible to leave this open?
In any case, thanks for your strong involvement here. It is good to know we have real people to help.
Agnes

October 11, 2019 at 9:26 am #4736813

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

I think we'd better leave it now. It is possible that the latest updates have solved the mrproblem, or as the fact that all translations have been done 100% in CTE now, make it simplier.

I agree - you should leave it this way for now and possibly the latest updates resolved the issues. It is impossible to tell.

Not sure if it is possible to leave this open?

The ticket will close automatically after about 10 days without any activity. However, if it happens again, when creating a ticket you can choose me as a preferred supporter since I am already familiar with the issue and will move on from there.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

October 11, 2019 at 9:51 am #4736911

agnesL

That is fine. I just hope I won't bump into these issues again 😉
Thanks a lot for the close support and insights!