This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Diego Pereira 3 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Diego Pereira.

Author Posts
March 26, 2019 at 10:51 am #3461619

Joost

I am trying to: create a copy translation
When I create/open a post that I want to translate, in the lanuage box I check "copy" and I then click the "copy" button.
Then, I get the spinner after which nothing happens.

In the browser console I get a 403 (Forbidden) on the page /wp-admin/admin.php?page=sitepress-multilingua-cms&<snip>&icl_ajx_action=make_duplicates&post_id=<snip>
See attachment.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: backend

I expected to see: that the post was translated

Instead, I got: nothing

The user is an editor with the "translate" permission. This is default (I don't remember changing this).

Making the user "admin" solves the issue.

March 26, 2019 at 1:45 pm #3463083

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello @joost, welcome to the WPML support Forum!

Does this role (editor) have the capatibility of creating new posts? This permission is necessary because to create a new translation or duplicate a page, WPML creates a new post in the secondary language and connects it to the original. One solution would be to use the "Author" role rather than the "Editor".

Please let me know if it worked for you.

All the best,
Diego

March 26, 2019 at 1:53 pm #3463109

Joost

Yes, the editor can create posts. The site uses the default rights setup. In my test I did a login as this user, created the post and tried to translate.

March 26, 2019 at 9:01 pm #3466429

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Hi there,

I sent some instructions to replicate the website through a private message (previous answer). Please let me know if it worked.

Kind regards,
Diego

March 27, 2019 at 8:47 am #3468699

Joost

I'm using the classic editor. Same issue on test environment. I've made a screenrecording but can't upload...

March 28, 2019 at 12:26 pm #3480713

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Hello,

Thanks. I was able to see the issue. I'm checking with my team if this is a bug or the expected behavior. I will send you a feedback soon.

To allow the user to create new translations, please follow the steps below:
- Go to WPML > Translation Management
- Click on the "Translation Roles" tab
- Click on "Add a Translator"
- Add the editor user as a translator and select the language pairs you need
- After that, the editor user should be able to click on the "+" icon to create new translations
- He can also click on the "Copy all fields from the original" button

Kind regards,
Diego

March 28, 2019 at 12:49 pm #3480941

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Hi there,

Our developers have identified this issue and they're currently working for a fix.

I will add your ticket to the list of clients waiting for a resolution. Once we have any update, I will update you on this same ticket.

Kind regards,
Diego

July 22, 2019 at 5:36 pm #4260451

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Hello @joost, sorry for the delay.

I got the feedback that this issue was fixed on WPML 4.2.7.

If you still need help, please let me know.

All the best,
Diego