This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 2.59 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Otto 2 years, 10 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Otto.

Author Posts
August 5, 2017 at 3:59 am #1335722

Niklas Rooth

Hi, I can’t find anywhere after 3 days now where to translate this form I have with WPML and that you see on hidden link. This shall be translated to THAI, VIETNAMESE and KHMER.

I started this ticket now because it been back and forward with you last week and no solution. This for shall be compatible with WPML so... Maybe I have to install WPML plugin? Please look at this now and not write back and ask again so this NEVER get solved..

August 6, 2017 at 11:46 am #1335947

Otto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Argentina/Buenos_Aires (GMT-03:00)

Hello Niklas,

I am truly sorry for the inconveniences. But please understand that to solve an issue we need to your cooperation. Sometimes we need to ask you something or check something with you. So, it is necessary to follow one ticket instead of opening new ones to get it solved as soon as possible.

Also, take into account that this is a public forum. I deleted the credentials you shared so they were exposed to the general public. If we need access to your site, we will set a private reply so you can share credentials safely.

Your plugin is not in our compatibility list, however, it doesn't necessarily imply that it won't work, just that our team has not tested yet.
https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/

So, finally going to the issue, what I suggest to try first is to follow these steps:
0. Install WPML add-on plugin String Translation (you can get it here: hidden link)
1. Go under “WPML -> Theme and plugins localization”
2. Make sure that “Translate the theme and plugins using WPML's String Translation” is active
3. Scroll down to “Strings in the theme” and click on “Scan the theme for strings”
4. Scroll down to “Strings in the plugins”, select the plugin you want to scan and click on “Scan the selected plugins for strings”
5. Once you followed the above steps go under “WPML -> String Translation”. All strings available for translation should display in the table you see there.

Do you see them? If yes, all you need to do is click on “translations” next to each string you want to translate.

Let me know your results, please.

Kind Regards,

Otto

August 9, 2017 at 3:25 am #1338039

Niklas Rooth

Thank you - finally we get somewhere
Ok, I done what you asked for and see screenshot for result. I find the Theme strings but not the forms as you can see. I created a login for you if you want to take a look (see at the bottom). Just so you understand what I done here. I made the site (2 pages) ready in English. After that I cloned this to 3 subdomains and now this is all in english as well. I have all content and strings in the correct language so all I need is to go in to for example the Vietnamese version and translate that one. (i send you the login to this one). I prepared all you sad with the plugins so you can check. This mean each version shall only have 1 language and I will translate it to the correct one manually.

Login to the Vietnam version

Feel free to do whatever you need if you ned to install anything else!

August 9, 2017 at 11:24 am #1338349

Otto
Supporter

Hello,

Thanks! (I removed the credentials again, it's a public form)

I tested several things to translate the forms, string translation, custom posts translation. But none of them were available.

So, I think that the best remaining option is to do the same that we do with Contact Form 7 plugin:
https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/using-contact-form-7-with-wpml/

this is:
create a form per language and display one or the other shortcode in the page for that language.

Is this a suitable workaround for you?

A side note. Is there a reason for using three different sites? You can have different domains per language in the same WP install:
https://wpml.org/2016/04/use-wpml-different-domains-per-language/

Kind Regards,

Otto

August 10, 2017 at 1:26 am #1338960

Niklas Rooth

Hi Otto
Looks like that could work but I not want to build the form with "Contact Form 7" - or what you mean? I not really get it.

I already cloned the site so we leave it as it is. I just need Vietnam up ASAP.
How exactly do I do this? This manual is for Contact Form 7... so I am very unsure

The whole thing is that I can't find the file anywhere (PO-file) with the contact form I built with my own custom text and headlines so I can translate it, If I could this would be easy!

August 10, 2017 at 1:18 pm #1339318

Otto
Supporter

Hello,

Please apologize I wasn't clear enough.

I didn't mean to use Contact Form 7, but the same logic.

The texts of the contact form you built with your own custom text and headlines won't appear in a .po file. There you will find only static content, not user generated content.

Back to the Contact Form 7 logic:
You created a form with your custom texts in eForms > New form, right?
Then added the shortcode to a page to display it, no?

So, the idea is to create a new form, with the texts in the secondary language.
Then, translate the page where the original form appears and paste there the new shortcode (the one for the new form in the secondary language).

Is it clearer now? Makes sense?

Kind Regards,

Otto

August 11, 2017 at 2:16 am #1339851

Niklas Rooth

Otto, thanks for all your help
I sorted this out now and built 4 new forms in correct language. And the standard strings I see in the "String Translation" BUT, I can only change to another language and I not want that - I want to change the one and only language I use.

Like this screenshot shows. I like to change DRAG'N DROP FILES HERE for example
I not want to change the vietnamese part, just the English.. I can't find this anywhere, and for your information I removed the Vietnamese here, I built this version in Vietnamese completely and just need to change this parts in the form to get it 100%

Where can I do that - simply overwrite DRAG'N DROP FILES HERE with Thả và Kéo tiệp vào đây

August 11, 2017 at 12:57 pm #1340241

Otto
Supporter

Hello,

I am not sure if I am understanding properly your setup.

But, if you just need that, you can do this workaround:
- Go to WPML > String Translation
- Select the string
- Click on Change language of selected strings button, at the end of the table
- Select a new language (you can just pick any language you want, it is better to choose one you are sure you won´t be using lately)

How to set the source languages of strings
https://wpml.org/2015/10/wpml-makes-it-easy-to-run-sites-without-english/

After that, you will have the option to "translate" that string also to English and this way you will be overwriting the English content.

Let me know if my explanation was clear enough and if it worked for you, please.

Kind Regards,

Otto

The topic ‘[Closed] eform’ is closed to new replies.