This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: I found several posts on your forum related to Eform and until a year ago it seems it was not really compatible. Just wondering if it is still the case and if we still have to use the strings translation to manage the translation?

Solution: This Eform plugin is still not declared as being compatible with WPML (see https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/) at this point but there's a trick you can apply.

Since each form has its own shortcode, you can create a separate form for each language. After this, create a page, translate it in all the languages, and add to each one of them the corresponding form shortcode.

The last steps is to translate all the forms text into each language through Dashboard → WPML → String Translation.

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by rohanK 2 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
August 7, 2019 at 2:50 am #4351483

rohanK

Hello,

I found several posts on your forum related to Eform and until a year ago it seems it was not really compatible. Just wondering if it is still the case and if we still have to use the strings translation to manage the translation? Or if there is WPML translation editor available now?

Thanks a lot for your help,

Kind regards

August 7, 2019 at 1:39 pm #4355555

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey,

I looked for the compatibility status between WPML and Eform and I couldn't see any update on this. You can easily check the WPML compatibility of a plugin right here https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/. As you can see, Eform is not part of this list.

Can you tell me what's the issue you have with this plugin, please? Maybe there's something I can help you with and get things back to normal.

Thanks,
Radu

August 7, 2019 at 2:56 pm #4356225

rohanK

Hello Radu,

Thank you very much for your answer and research.

We want to translate our eform contact forms such as the one you can see here: hidden link

As it is not compatible, I guess that's why I cannot see any WPML editor in the back end as you can see on the screenshot. I would like to know what is the best practice to translate eform with WPML? I found this resource: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/eform/#post-1333390 but I am really a newbie developer so I was just wondering if it is the good way to do it, and if there is not easier way 🙂 ?

Thanks a lot for your help,

Kind regards

August 7, 2019 at 3:10 pm #4356411

rohanK

For your info, I just tried to do the 2 techniques explained here https://wpml.org/forums/topic/eform/#post-1333390 and i did scan the plugin via "Theme & Plugin Localization" but I still cannot find the strings such as "Locations of interest", "Your name", "Make your selection" etc...

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Kind regards

August 8, 2019 at 11:13 am #4362189

Radu
Supporter

Hey Rohan,

Is there any chance that you could give me access to the dashboard of the website so I can try to do the changes from the other topic by myself and see if I can make the Locations of interest or Make your selection be translatable, please?

The next reply is set to be private so you can safely send me the credentials.

Thanks,
Radu

August 8, 2019 at 11:21 am #4362201

rohanK

Note that I ideally I need a solution that would enable me to translate all the fields of those 3 forms:

- hidden link

- hidden link

- hidden link

Thanks for your help,

Kind regards

August 8, 2019 at 12:04 pm #4362569

Radu
Supporter

Hey Rohan,

Thank you for giving me access to the dashboard area of your website. I was able to have a look at the forms but it seems that the structure of these elements is way too custom and they cannot be translated using WPML.

The only workaround that I can think of is to use a different form for each language. Basically, you'll have to create a different form for each language. Once you do this, just simply create a page, translate it to all the other languages, and add the form shortcode to each translation of that page.

Basically, you'll have four different forms for the same purpose (like CV - Candidate) and one page with its translations. Now, add a shortcode form to each page translation. This is the only trick that I can think of, giving the structure of the plugin.

Thanks,
Radu

August 9, 2019 at 12:19 am #4366323

rohanK

Hello Radu,

I thought about that previously but how do I translate the automatic fields such as "this field is required" (in red in the image) ?

Thanks for your help,

Kind regards,

Sophie

August 9, 2019 at 12:20 am #4366325

rohanK

Here is the image:

August 9, 2019 at 7:58 am #4368347

Radu
Supporter

Hey Rohan,

Have you tried to create a new form, add it to a page the way I described, search for the strings like * This field is required on Dashboard → WPML → String translation, and add the translation here? This should work.

Thanks,
Radu

August 9, 2019 at 8:04 am #4368491

rohanK

My issue is resolved now. Thank you! Hello Radu,

Oh ok I got it, I could find those specific strings in WPML so I should be able to create the forms now 🙂

Thank you very much for your help!

Have a very good day,

Kind regards