If you are having a notice about writing the .mo files please read this doc

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Joanna 2 years, 3 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Joanna.

Author Posts
August 2, 2017 at 6:49 am #1332852

Niklas Rooth

Hi
I received a message from you saying that eForm that you find here can be translated but I not see any translation pages after installed it. See screenshot.

Any Video tutorial how to do this?

August 2, 2017 at 3:12 pm #1333390

Joanna

Hello Niklas Rooth,

Please go to WPML->String Translation and search for the form strings.

If the strings are missing from the String Translation table, please go to WPML->Theme and plugins localization and scan the plugin for strings.

If some of your strings are added via plugin options, you may also need to create a language configuration file for the plugin.
You can read more about language configuration files at https://wpml.org/documentation/support/language-configuration-files/.
Check the "Admin texts / wp_options" section.

You can also try the following steps:
1. Go to WPML->String Translation.
2. Scroll down to the bottom and click the "Translate texts in admin screens »" link.
3. Search for the strings you want to translate and select the corresponding options. Apply changes. Don't worry that some of them may be grayed out if they are checked.
4. Go back to WPML->String Translation.
5. Search for the strings you registered.
6. Translate strings according to your needs. Remember to mark translations as completed.

Please note that if the plugin or theme is not fully compatible, these steps may not work and you'll need to create the language configuration file manually.

Also, please note that the plugin is officially compatible with WPML. That doesn't mean that it won't work, it just means that there might be some compatibility issues between the plugin and WPML.

You can find the list of plugins that are officially compatible with WPML at https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility.

August 4, 2017 at 3:34 am #1334750

Niklas Rooth

You say Please go to WPML->String Translation and search for the form strings. I don't find this on my site.. I created a login for you so you can check...

August 4, 2017 at 2:29 pm #1335328

Joanna

Hello Niklas Rooth,

You can't find it on your site because you don't even have WPML installed. Please install WPML and let me know if then you still have issues with translating your eForms.

August 5, 2017 at 2:05 am #1335714

Niklas Rooth

What you mean... don't you see the screenshot? If so you see that I have WPML installed.

Anyway this was complicated for us so what we did now was that we "Cloned" the English version of our site to THAI, KHMER and VIETNAMESE... So now all 4 versions is in English, but I have all translation from my staff (it's only one page) so I will do it manually to the language I need. The problem in that I can't find where to translate the eForm.

For example on this page: hidden link
it should be only in Thai... So the content and the form should be translated straight off with no other languages option. Just tell me how I get to the file where I do this - I tried everything. Please assist. Just login and tell me how I get to this file... Its very urgent now.

August 7, 2017 at 4:33 pm #1336730

Joanna

Hello Niklas Rooth,

I saw the screenshot and I had no doubt that WPML is there. However, then I checked the website that you shared the credentials to before and I couldn't find WPML there. This is why I wrote that you don't have WPML installed.

I checked the other website from your last reply and what I can see is that you have the core WPML plugin installed. I tested it with WPML String Translation and I could translate hard coded strings.

For the forms themselves, you need to create a separate form for each language since eForm turned out not to be fully compatible with WPML.