Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.


This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by ding-lunY 2 years, 4 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Oscar Miras.

Author Posts
May 27, 2019 at 3:26 am #3893311


Hi there,

I'm a developer with a company here in Taiwan. We've been using WPML and Elementor successfully on several sites for over a year now. Recently, we've been having problems with Elementor unable to find 'the_content' and displaying an error when attempting to load the Elementor interface. When entering Elementor safe mode, this error goes away (safe mode will disable external plugins).

This error seems to only occur on special templates - Header, Footer, Single Page Templates for Custom Post Types, Home Page. On normal pages, there are no issues. We disabled all our plugins on a development site and determined that the original WPML plugin by itself seems to be the culprit.

Are there any leads on how to rectify this issue? I don't know if it may have been caused by a recent update either by Elementor or by WPML. I am capable of performing workarounds in PHP if that is what it takes to fix.

Thank you,


May 27, 2019 at 11:23 am #3896469

Oscar Miras


Welcome to the WPML support team.

Thank you for your detailed explanation of the problem.
In your message, your comment that you have a development site in which you have performed those tests.

Would you mind to share it with us? I have enabled some input field where you can provide working credentials. Despite it is a development site, make sure you have a full backup of your content before providing the username and password.

In addition, could you point out one of the pages you are having this problem?

Thank you,

May 29, 2019 at 5:05 am #3911769


Hi Oscar,

Thank you for your correspondence. It seems I'll be out of the office beginning tomorrow and for the next couple of weeks, so I'm going to postpone resolution of this issue until a later day. You can consider this ticket closed.

Thank you,