Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by zoeyY 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Raja Mohammed.

Author Posts
April 8, 2020 at 10:43 pm #5870111

zoeyY

Tell us what you are trying to do?
Translate pages - I need advice
Is there any documentation that you are following?
yes, following your youtube
Is there a similar example that we can see?
advice from Elementor is different
What is the link to your site?

April 11, 2020 at 10:11 am #5888371

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello there,

I am not exactly sure about the issue here can you please be more specific what is the issue with WPML and Elementor. I hope you are already following the translation methods as mentioned in this documentation here https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/elementor/

Please share some more information like page url where the issue can be seen also a screenshot of the issue will also be more useful, You have mentioned that " advice from Elementor is different" May i know what different advice that you have received?

Kind regards
Raja

April 11, 2020 at 11:02 pm #5890261

zoeyY

HI Raja, the video you have provided is using the WPML classic translator. This latest version I have downloaded this wk has option for Advance translator. The link I sent is from Elementor about how to do translation: hidden link
They are advising to Create A Separate Theme Builder Template For Each Language, which is different from advice from your site.

Pls check what Elementor posted vs your site's instruction and advice which approach I should use to translate pages and posts.

April 14, 2020 at 5:37 pm #5907053

zoeyY

Hello, any update pls?

April 14, 2020 at 6:02 pm #5907129

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Hey there, sorry for the delay, I was off today just logged in to checkout your issue.

I checked the Elementor documentation however i believe the steps are old and not updated to the latest version of WPML as i can see it from the screenshots it has WPML version 4.2.9.

I would recommend following the steps as mentioned in our documentation that should work good https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/elementor/

I will report this conflict to our compatibility team so that they can write to the Elementor team, I would also request you to write to Elementor team to update the documentation as per WPML recommendations

Kind regards
Raja

April 15, 2020 at 4:48 am #5909883

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Hi, i am checking this case further with the compatibility team I will keep you posted with further updates

April 15, 2020 at 4:51 am #5909899

zoeyY

Thanks appreciate your reply. Pls let me know.

April 15, 2020 at 12:24 pm #5913437

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Thanks for your patience, Our compatibility team has responded there should not be any issue with Elementor theme builder with WPML translation translation editor you can either use the WPML classic translation editor the WPML Advanced translation editor both of them should work.

Please continue using the method as described here https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/elementor/#translating-header-templates

Our compatibility team will reach out to Elementor team to resolve the documentation conflict.

April 23, 2020 at 6:51 pm #5980849

zoeyY

I will follow the steps and see where it takes me. Thank you!