Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 15 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Andreas W. 2 weeks, 3 days ago.

Assigned support staff: Andreas W..

Author Posts
May 11, 2021 at 6:03 pm #8742815

cristianS-18

I've been having a problem getting the content from my Elementor pages. I've contacted the supporte twice before but until then I was unable to submit a copy. Now I can and would like to submit a copy of my site for investigation

May 12, 2021 at 1:36 am #8744027

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello To help you faster, I've enabled a private message for submitting the debug information for this support ticket. Please see this link for how to get this information from your site and give it to us:
http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

The private reply form is enabled in order to provide access to the site. Please make sure to provide access with admin user role.

Best regards
Andreas

May 12, 2021 at 6:13 pm #8751587

cristianS-18

Here's the debug info for the website

May 13, 2021 at 3:49 pm #8758911

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

Could you please increase your WP Memory limit to 256M? 128M is the minimum required by WPML.
Your current values are:

PHP MemoryLimit 256M
WP Memory Limit 40M
Add this code to your wp-config.php to increase WP memory:

define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M');

Paste it just before:

/ That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. /

These settings can be limited directly by your hosting provider, so I recommend you to contact and ask them to modify them directly.
If you can get even higher values It would be great.

https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/
Note: WPML needs a minimum WP Memory limit of 128M to work only under a minimal environment, it means, with a default theme and not other plugins installed.

After that try to update the original Elemenor content, save it and then translate the Elementor Content again. If the issue persist please provide me admin access to the site.

The private reply form is enabled.

Best regards
Andreas

May 13, 2021 at 6:11 pm #8760031

cristianS-18

Right, the changes are done. We're going to test it and see if that solves it.
Could you kindly add the email fabio.pinto@netwire.global as a CC on the support emails?

May 13, 2021 at 6:32 pm #8760197

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for your message.

I am sadly not able to forward messages form this forum to third e-mails.

If the issues persists, please provide me admin access in order to review the site. I might install a plugin called "All In One WP Migration" in order to take a copy, if needed.

The private reply form is enabled.

Best regards
Andreas

May 13, 2021 at 7:51 pm #8760465

cristianS-18

Hi Andreas, Will you only install the plugin and then test on a separate environment? I'm asking this because we don't want to change the live website until we have a solution

May 13, 2021 at 8:54 pm #8760613

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

Indeed, I will install the plugin, download the package and install it locally in my maschine in order to test with a virtual server.

Best regards
Andreas

May 13, 2021 at 10:47 pm #8761013

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

A question:

Could it be the case that the content used on Elementor which is not translatable or not showing up inside the WPML TranslatioN Editor is based on Custom Elementor Widgets like those of Enova?

If this is the case we might need to apply a custom XML configuration in order to make those elements translatable. If this will not solve the issue then the theme/plugin author whoc created those widgets might need to take action and we can only provide guidance.

Sources:

Register Custom Elementor Widgets in WPML:
https://wpml.org/documentation/support/language-configuration-files/how-to-register-page-builder-widgets-for-translation/

Add WPML support for Custom Elementor Widgets:
https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/elementor/how-to-add-wpml-support-to-custom-elementor-widgets/

I am taking now a copy of your website and I will work on some custom XML config that can make widgets translatable, but I need some more details about which pages and widgets are affected here.

Surely, as far I am able, I would like to assist in making as many widgets translatable as possible.
Anyhow, I would highly suggest to forward the earlier provided information towards the author of those widgets, as such issues could be solved by applying a wpml-config.xml file into the source code of the plugin.

As soon I have inspected the content and tested if a custom XML config is applicable here I will be in contact again.

Best regards
Andreas

May 14, 2021 at 2:08 pm #8766293

cristianS-18

Hi Andreas,
The pages we're having issues translating are built using Basic Widgets and Enova Elements. That's most likely the reason why we're having issues getting content from some pages.
Please let me know if your custom xml file solves the problems. I imagine that following the guides you sent will be of help as well. I'll try and implement them and see if that solves.

Best Regards

May 16, 2021 at 5:32 am #8772805

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for your patience.

I have added a config at WPML -> Settings -> Custom XML Config.

Could you please do some testing and let me know which Widgets are still causing issues?

Best regards
Andreas

May 17, 2021 at 6:48 pm #8783725

cristianS-18

as far as I can tell, your implementation has worked. We're still testing and I'll let you know if its definate

May 18, 2021 at 11:14 am #8789303

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

I am glad to hear that we made a step forward.

This ticket will remain open for 14 days from now. Please feel free to reach out again, if further assistance is needed.

Best regards
Andreas

May 26, 2021 at 8:56 pm #8855003

cristianS-18

Hi Andreas, at a first glance we thought all the custom widgets were captured correctly. Earlier today I was uploading the translations to the site and I've noticed several texts missing, however, we already translated them. I'm going to send you a list of the links that I'm trying to upload so you can see which texts are being recognized or not by wpml.
The custom configurations are as you left since our last messages.

Home: hidden link
Cases: hidden link
Case Azul: hidden link
Case Vale: hidden link
Quem Somos: hidden link
Fábrica de Softwares: hidden link
Smart Online: hidden link
Cargo Online: hidden link
Serviços: hidden link
Vagas: hidden link
Fale Conosco: hidden link

May 27, 2021 at 6:16 am #8856709

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

I actually had only added support for headings, their descriptions and buttons, while struggeling here actually with the button links.

I am consulting our team about this issue, as the link is inside of an nested array and I am unsure about how to access it.

Apart from this, I would like to point out again, that providing support for all the 21 custom widgets of Enova Toolkit takes us quiet much time and should be done by the plugin developer.

If the Envova Toolkit Team needs assistance with this task they can join our Go-Global Progam here:
https://wpml.org/documentation/support/go-global-program/

I have now added support for Flip Boxes, Main Sliders and Sliders, Testimonials and Team Members.

You can see the test results here:
hidden link

Also here I having still issues with the button links. I have opened a thread for this issue with our second tier support team and I will contact you once I received feedback.

Take note, that surely I will like to try for you to make all Widgets translatable, but honestly I have been working quiet long time on this today and I need to follow up with other clients, but please let me know which further Widgets are essential for you to be used on the site and I will have a look into it.

For applying the config I had to follow this documentation and revise the Enova Toolkit Code inside its /elementor/ folder files.

Take note that when editing the original homepage on Elementor I had some 500 errors when trying to save the content. If the error keeps occuring on the homepage (PT) and there are problems to save the Elementor content please let me know and I will take again a site copy for debugging. The error did not occur on a new created page.

Best regards
Andreas